美文网首页乐其英语|乐在其中
比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(9)

比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(9)

作者: 老祝读书 | 来源:发表于2018-10-03 10:40 被阅读0次

    点击查看音频

    Imagine, just for the sake of discussion, that you had a few hours a week and a few dollars a month to donate to a cause – and you wanted to spend that time and money where it would have the greatest impact in saving and improving lives. Where would you spend it?
    为了讨论的方便,请想象一下,假如你每个星期可以捐献一些时间、每个月可以捐献一些钱——你希望这些时间和金钱,可以用到对拯救生命和改善人类生活有最大作用的地方。你会选择什么地方?
    For Melinda and for me, the challenge is the same: how can we do the most good for the greatest number with the resources we have.
    对Melinda(注:盖茨的妻子)和我来说,这也是我们面临的问题:我们如何能将我们拥有的资源发挥出最大的作用。

    for the sake of

    为了...;看在...的份上

    1. For the sake of saving her girlfriend , he makes a deal with the devil
      为了救女朋友,他和魔鬼做了一笔交易

    2.For the sake of god , let me go please
    看在上帝的份上,让我走吧

    3.For the sake of the kids , she works three jobs a day
    为了孩子们,她 三个每天打三份工。

    donate to

    捐赠给

    1.We should donate the old clothes to the homeless
    我们应该把旧衣服捐给无家可归的人。

    2.If I were you , I would donate a million Yuan to my old school
    如果我是你,我会捐一百万元给我的老学校。

    3.Last year we wanted to donate to the orphanage but they refused.
    但他们拒绝了。

    have impact in ...

    对/在...产生影响

    1.Zhang Yimou has a greatest impact in China
    张艺谋在中国很大的影响

    2.Apple has a powerful impact in the world
    苹果在世界上有着强大的影响力

    3.Artificial intelligence will have significant impact in the future
    人工智能将对未来产生重大影响

    欢迎关注乐其英语I乐在其中公众号,附有到演讲音频

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(9)

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/gkezoftx.html