美文网首页乐其英语|乐在其中
比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(23)

比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(23)

作者: 老祝读书 | 来源:发表于2018-10-17 22:06 被阅读0次

点击查看音频

We need as many people as possible to have access to this technology, because these advances are triggering a revolution in what human beings can do for one another. They are making it possible not just for national governments, but for universities, corporations, smaller organizations, and even individuals to see problems, see approaches, and measure the impact of their efforts to address the hunger, poverty, and desperation George Marshall spoke of 60 years ago.

我们需要尽可能地让更多的人有机会使用新技术,因为这些新技术正在引发一场革命,人类将因此可以互相帮助。新技术正在创造一种可能,不仅是政府,还 包括大学、公司、小机构、甚至个人,能够发现问题所在、能够找到解决办法、能够评估他们努力的效果,去改变那些马歇尔六十年前就说到过的问题——饥饿、贫 穷和绝望。

Members of the Harvard Family: Here in the Yard is one of the great collections of intellectual talent in the world.
哈佛是一个大家庭。这个院子里在场的人们,是全世界最有智力的人类群体之一。

What for?
我们可以做些什么?

There is no question that the faculty, the alumni, the students, and the benefactors of Harvard have used their power to improve the lives of people here and around the world. But can we do more? Can Harvard dedicate its intellect to improving the lives of people who will never even hear its name?
毫无疑问,哈佛的老师、校友、学生和资助者,已经用他们的能力改善了全世界各地人们的生活。但是,我们还能够再做什么呢?有没有可能,哈佛的人们可以将他们的智慧,用来帮助那些甚至从来没有听到过“哈佛”这个名字的人?

as.... as possible

尽可能...
1.Tidy up your room as soon as possible
尽快整理你的房间

2.Please make your decision as quickly as possible
请尽快作决定。

3.I will come back as early as possible.
我会尽可能早点回来。

There is no question

毫无疑问

1.There is no question about his honesty.
他的诚实是毫无疑问的。

2.There is no question that she has a great voice.
她的嗓音很美妙,这是毫无疑问的。

3.There is no question that I will succeed.
毫无疑问,我会成功的。

dedicate ... to ...

把...奉献给...

1.I will dedicate my heart to you
我将把我的心献给你

2.we'd like to dedicate delicacy to our guests
我们愿为客人奉献美味佳肴。

3.this village has to dedicate a boy to the monster ever year
这个村子每年都要把一个男孩献给妖怪。

欢迎关注乐其英语I乐在其中公众号,附有到演讲音频

相关文章

网友评论

    本文标题:比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(23)

    本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/jqjdzftx.html