Topic: Hotels
image.png
一、房间和床
房间类型的名称根据酒店的不同可能会有很大的差异,但是床的尺寸大小的名称基本上是标准的。
The standard room comes with a queen-sized bed or two double beds. 标间配有一张大号床或者两张双人床。
The deluxe suite comes with a king-sized bed. 豪华套房配有一张特大号床。
额外的东西
当你在酒店住的时候,确保你知道哪些extras(额外的东西)是房间配置的和什么是你必须要额外付款的。
With the executive suite, you get complimentary breakfasts in the executive lounge. 在行政豪华套房,你可以在行政豪华酒廊里得到免费的早餐。
With the classic room, you get free Wi-Fi. 经典房间里,你可以使用免费的无线网络。
杂费
在你入住登记的时候你几乎总是要交deposit(押金)。这是为了要交incidental(非主要的)费用。
Your deposit covers anything you eat or drink from the minibar. 你的押金是为了付在迷你吧吃的或者喝的任何东西所产生的费用。
Long-distance phone calls and special movies are incidental charges. 长途电话和特殊电影的费用属于杂费。
二、住宿登记
入住酒店的最初部分是很简单的。
A: Hi. I'd like to check in. 嗨。我要登记住宿。
B: May I see your passport, please? 我能看一下您的护照吗?
A. Here you go. 给你。
A: OK, Mr. Jackson. You're here for three nights. You booked a standard, nonsmoking room. 好的,杰克森先生。您要住三晚。您预订了一个不吸烟的标准间。
B: That's right. 对的。
打折和升级
酒店常常试着向顾客upsell(追加销售),尤其是在off-season(淡季)的时候给更贵些的房间提供折扣。
We're running a special offer right now. 我们现在有特价活动。
Our deluxe suites are 30% off. 我们的豪华套房七折。
I can offer you a big discount on a deluxe suite. 如果您订豪华套房的话我们可以给您一个很大的折扣。
检查和确认
尽管来问问题或者转述信息以确保你听懂了提议。一旦你有了所有的详细信息,你可以接受或者拒绝这个追加销售。
Could you give me more information about the deluxe suites? 你能多给我一些关于豪华套房的信息吗?
How much does it cost to upgrade? 升级要花多少钱?
In other words, for an extra $40, I get a bigger room and bed, free
Wi-Fi and breakfast? 换句话说,再花40美元我就可以得到一个更大的房间和床,免费无线网络和早餐?
So, what's the deposit for? 那么,押金是做什么用的?
The upgrade sounds good. I'll do it. 升级听起来不错。给我升级吧。
No, thank you. I'm not interested. 不,谢谢你。我不感兴趣。
三、酒店住宿问题
技术问题
酒店房间里的一些电子产品可能会产生问题。
The remote control for the TV is broken. 电视的遥控器坏了。
The thermostat isn't working. It's really hot in my room! 温度自动调节器坏了。我的房间真的很热。
The bathroom lights aren't working. 卫生间的灯都坏了。
The smoke detector went off at 3 a.m. 上午3点钟烟感器响了。
其他问题
这些是一些你的房间可能会有的其他问题。
The sheets are dirty. 床单脏。
My nonsmoking room smells like cigarette smoke. 我的非吸烟房间闻起来有烟味。
There's a large stain on the carpet. 地毯上有一个很大的污点。
There are no towels in the bathroom. 卫生间里没有毛巾。
报告问题和寻求帮助
你寻求帮助后,如果是技术问题,前台会从maintenance派人过去或者大部分其他问题会从housekeeping派人过去。注意动词have和send在对话中的使用。
A: My sheets are dirty. Could you have someone from housekeeping come up? 我的床单脏了。你能从客房部派个人上来吗?
B: I'll have someone go up now. 我现在就派人上去。
A: The remote for my TV isn't working. Could you send someone from maintenance? 我的电视的遥控器不好用。你能派个维修人员上来吗?
B: Someone will be right up. 有人会马上上去的。
和前台打交道有两个有用的表达方式on the way 和 on hold。
A: Do you mind if I put you on hold? I need approval from my supervisor. 你介不介意稍等一下?我需要我的主管批准。
B: No, I don't mind. 不,不介意。
A: My thermostat is broken. Could you have someone from maintenance come up? 我的温度自动调节器坏了。你能派个维修人员上门吗?
B: He's on his way. 他已经去了。
四、向礼宾人员寻求帮助
在大的酒店,concierge(礼宾人员)的工作是帮助客人安排旅游和娱乐。
A: Excuse me. 不好意思,打扰一下。
B: How may I help you? 我能帮你吗?
A: I was wondering if you could help me plan my evening. 我想知道你是否能帮我计划我的晚上。
B: I'd be happy to help. What are you interested in? 很高兴帮到你。 你对什么感兴趣?
A: Well, I'd really like to see some of the city. 嗯,我很想看看这个城市的一些地方。
考虑可能性
好的礼宾员能给你很多options或者possibilities并帮你预定。
B: There are two options: a river cruise and a double-decker tour bus. 有两个选择:乘游船和双层巴士游览。
A: A river cruise sounds good. 乘游船听起来不错。
间接请求
当向礼宾员请求帮助的时候,常常使用间接的,或者礼貌的表达方式。 注意单词wondering后常跟if或者whether。
Is there anything in particular that you're interested in? 有什么你特别感兴趣的吗?
I was wondering if there's a city tour available. 我想知道是否有城市游览活动?
I was wondering whether you could help me find a good Chinese restaurant. 我想知道你是否能帮我找一个好的中餐馆。
What I was thinking about was a jazz nightclub. 我想的是爵士夜总会。
I'd be happy to take care of all the arrangements. 我很高兴为您安排一切。
使用which添加信息
为句子添加额外信息,你可以使用which从句。 注意,因为这些从句添加非主要信息,使用逗号(,)来隔开从句。
The river cruise, which would show you some of London's most famous monuments, includes dinner. 乘船游览,将带您去看一些伦敦的最重要的历史遗迹,包含晚餐。
I don't recommend the double-decker bus, which is crowded and noisy. 我不推荐双层巴士,太挤和太吵了。
The Ink Spot, which is very near here, often has famous jazz bands. 墨水点,离这里很近的,常常有著名的爵士乐队。
确定安排
当你决定你想做什么,和礼宾员确定一切都已经完成了。
A: So, I'm OK for both the restaurant and the nightclub? 那么,我的饭店和夜总会都弄好了吗?
B: Yes. You're all set. 是的。都搞定了。
A: It sounds as if it's all taken care of. 听起来像所有的事都搞定了。
B: Yes. I've made all the arrangements. 是的。我所有都安排好了。
A: Do I need tickets or anything? 我需要票或者什么吗?
B: I'm printing out your voucher for the cruise now. 我现在正在打印您的游船券。
五、描述一家酒店
这里有一些描述酒店经历的方式。
It's a very upscale hotel with lots of amenities. 这家高档酒店内有许多便利设施。
The staff was very attentive and friendly. 这里的员工细心且友好。
The room was very spacious, and the bathroom was very luxurious. It even had a spa! 这个房间很宽敞,卫生间很奢华。里面竟然还有按摩浴缸!
The carpet in the lobby was in poor condition. 大堂内的地毯已经破旧不堪了。
The concierge was incompetent and disorganized. 礼宾部的员工不称职,做事也没有条理。
The level of cleanliness could have been better. 这里的清洁程度可以做得更好。
表达对你住的宾馆的强烈感受
当你住宾馆的时候,你可能对你的经历的某些方面有很强的感觉或者观点。
Overall, it was a fantastic experience! The rooms were luxurious and spacious. The amenities were absolutely perfect. 总的来说,超棒的经历!房间豪华也很宽敞。设施绝对完美。
The location can't be beat! It's right in the middle of the upscale shopping district. 位置是无以伦比的!在高端的购物街正中间。
I was terribly disappointed by the level of cleanliness. The rooms smelled bad. 我对清洁度超级失望。房间闻起来很糟。
I was pleasantly surprised by the exceptional service we received. Everyone was pleasant and competent. 我对我们得到的卓越服务感到非常惊讶。每个人都很友好和很有能力。
I really wasn't expecting the staff to be so unfriendly and incompetent. 我真的没想到员工是如此的没礼貌和没能力。
We had a mixed experience here. The staff was lovely, but the hotel is in very poor condition. It needs new paint and carpet badly. 我们在这的经历是混杂的。员工很好,可是酒店的状况很糟。非常需要新的油漆和地毯。
写一个在线酒店评论
在线酒店评论有一些特殊特点。他们短而且不总是用完整的句子写。你的评论可能被成千上万的人阅读,因此要给出公正和均衡的观点。
Good location and facilities, room service and daily cleanup were very poor. Food quality was disappointing. Swimming pool and spa were quite nice.
位置和设施好,房间服务和每日清洁很糟。食物质量很令人失望。游泳池和温泉很好。
网友评论