Topic: Manners and etiquette
image.png
一、谈论得体的行为
这些是一些谈论得体和不得体行为的方式。 哪些适用于你的工作场合,国家或者文化?
Criticism is tricky. Try not to be too direct. 批评是棘手的。尽量不要太直接。
It's always important to show your respect to your elders. 显示出对你的长辈的尊重总是很重要的。
It's not appropriate to talk or joke too loudly. 太大声谈话或者开玩笑是不合适的。
Try to avoid physical contact. Respect people's personal space. 尽量避免身体接触。尊重人们的个人空间。
Hugging isn't appropriate, but a slap on the back or a handshake is acceptable. 拥抱是不得体的,但是在背上拍拍或者握手是可以接受的。
二、程度副词
加强
一些副词帮助加强你所说的。
His behavior at the meeting was quite inappropriate. 他在会议上的行为相当不得体。
It's totally unacceptable to criticize your superiors. 批评你的上级是完全不能接受的。
Your criticism of him was overly direct. 你对他的批评过于直接。
弱化
另一方面,一些副词帮助弱化你所说的。
This is a rather quiet office. Try to keep the noise down. 这是一个较安静的办公室,尽量减弱噪声。
Hugging is fairly uncommon in this culture. 在这个文化中拥抱是比较不常见的。
Actually, I thought the joke was somewhat rude. 实际上,我觉得这个笑话有点粗鲁。
在英式英语中,quite有时被用来软化或限定某人说的话。在美式英语中,quite通常和very意思相同。
Slapping someone on the back here is quite rude, but not very rude. 在这里拍某人的后背比较粗鲁,但是不是很粗鲁。
三、给出关于得体行为的建议
使用这些表达方式来给出在你的工作地点,国家或者文化中的得体行为的建议:
It's not a good idea to tell a lot of jokes. 讲很多笑话不是个好主意。
It's inappropriate to slap someone on the back. 拍某人的背是不得体的。
Most people would consider that rather impolite. 大多数人认为那比较不礼貌。
Hugging is not so common here. 拥抱在这里不怎么常见。
It's not acceptable to criticize people like that. 像那样批评人是不能接受的。
You should be careful about showing respect. 你应该谨慎的表现出尊重。
四、请求帮助
使用类似表达请求帮助:
Could you do me a favor? I need someone to watch my dog. 你能帮我个忙吗?我需要人照顾我的狗。
I have a favor to ask. Could you lend me $50? 我想请你帮个忙。你能借我 50 美元吗?
Would you be able to help me paint my new apartment? 你能帮我粉刷新公寓吗?
I was wondering if you could give me a ride to work. 我想知道我是否能搭你的车去上班。
回应请求
使用类似表达同意或拒绝提供帮助。如果拒绝请求,告知拒绝的原因通常认为是礼貌的做法。
Absolutely! I'd be happy to help you. 当然!我很乐意帮你。
No problem! It would be my pleasure. 没问题!荣幸之至。
I'm really sorry, but I can't. I'm busy that day. 对不起,我帮不上忙,那天我很忙。
I'm afraid I won't be able to. I have to visit my parents. 我恐怕不行,我得去看望我的父母。
I wish that I could, but I have other plans. 我真希望我能,但是我有其他的安排了。
Would you mind?
谨慎使用 Would you mind?。如果回答 no,表示你同意帮忙,如拒绝请求,则用 I'm sorry but, …
A: Would you mind driving me to the airport? 你介意开车送我去机场吗?
B: No, I wouldn't mind. I'd be happy to help. 不,不介意。我很乐意帮忙。
A: Would you mind cooking dinner tonight? 你介意今晚做饭吗?
B: I'm sorry, but I can't. I'm going out tonight. 不好意思,我做不了,晚上我要外出。
表达谢意
用像这样的表达方式来表达谢意:
That is so nice of you. I owe you one. 你真太好了。我欠你一次。
I really appreciate your help. 我真的感谢你的帮助。
That's very generous of you. 你真的太大方了。
You're very kind. I hope I can return the favor some time. 你真太好了。我希望找时间能回报你的好意。
五、讨论办公室礼仪
这些单词和词组可以用来讨论office etiquette,或者工作地点的礼貌行为。
The dress code in our office is business casual. 我们办公室的着装要求是商务休闲装。
The lack of cleanliness in the kitchen is unacceptable. 厨房不清洁是不能接受的。
The high noise level in work areas is very disruptive. 工作区域的高分贝噪音是很有干扰性的。
Promptness for meetings is expected of everyone. 每个人都要求及时来开会。
It's common courtesy to turn off your phone in meetings. 在会议上关掉你的手机是常见的礼貌行为。
六、表达期望和陈述政策
使用像这样的表达方式来谈论期望和政策:
I just want to remind you about the dress code. 我只想提醒你着装要求。
It's company policy that everyone turn off their phones in meetings. 公司规定每个人在开会的时候都要关掉手机。
No one is allowed to wear shorts in the office. 在办公室里谁都不允许穿短裤。
Everyone is expected to clean up after themselves. 每个人都要求清理好自己的区域。
It's not fair to make others wait for you. 让别人来等你是不公平的。
七、慰问词汇
当某人生病或者刚失去一个所爱的人总是很不容易知道该说些什么。
It can be very difficult to find the words to express sympathy. 找到合适的单词来表达同情可能是很难的。
My boss's mother passed yesterday. I must send my condolences. 老板的母亲昨天去世了。我一定要表达慰唁。
Try to avoid using platitudes when expressing sympathy. 表达同情时尽量避免使用套话。
My uncle died many years ago, but I have fond memories of him. 我的叔叔很多年前去世的,但是我对他的记忆总是很温暖。
We couldn't attend the funeral, so we sent flowers. 我们无法参加葬礼,因此我们送去了花。
He died peacefully, surrounded by loved ones. 被所爱的人环绕着的他安详地死去了。
表达哀悼
如果某人生病这些单词你可能感到很有用。
I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well. Get better soon. 我真的很难过你身体不好。祝早日康复。
Thinking of you. Get well soon! 想着你。早点康复啊!
在一场重病或者死亡的情形中这些表达方式你可能感到很有用。
I was so sorry to hear of your loss. 听到您的家人离世我真的很难过。
I'm glad I had the opportunity to know her. She'll be greatly missed. 我很高兴我曾经有机会认识她。她将会被深深地怀念。
It's very difficult to know what to say. 很难知道该说些什么。
Our thoughts are with you. 我们和你在一起。
Anything you may need, just let me know. 你可能需要什么,尽管让我知道。
八、写一张慰问卡
慰问卡应该是简短的,充满同情的和真诚的。这是写慰问卡的五个简单步骤。首先,保持慰问语简洁。
Dear Bessie, 亲爱的贝西,
在首行,提及某人的疾病或亲友的丧失。
I was so sad to hear of your illness. 听到你病了我很难过。
I want to express my sincere condolences for Fred's passing. 对于弗里德的去世,我想表达我真诚的慰唁。
然后诉说你对这个处境的感受。
Everyone at work misses you. 同事们都想念你。
He was a lovely man, and he will be greatly missed. 他曾是一个好人,他将会被深深地怀念。
接下来提供帮助或者同情。
If there's anything we can do, just let us know. 如果有什么事是我们能做的,尽管告诉我们。
Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time. 在这个艰难时刻我们与你在一起。
最后,用一个合适的短语和你的名字来结尾。
Take care. 保重。
Jane 简
All our love, 我们所有的爱,
the Benson family 本森一家
In sympathy, 节哀顺变,
James 詹姆斯
image.png
网友评论