美文网首页
“狼来了”,赶紧通知羊群们

“狼来了”,赶紧通知羊群们

作者: 呆萌小地鼠 | 来源:发表于2016-03-10 17:13 被阅读19次

    很多人耳熟能详的《狼来了》的故事,其实出自《伊索寓言》,所以也就难怪英文中也有对应说法了。

    1. cry wolf喊“狼来了”;发假警报

    If you cry wolf too often, people will stop believing that you need help.

    如果你常喊“狼来了”,人们便不会再相信你需要帮助。

    Do you think Peter is in trouble or is he just crying wolf?

    你觉得皮特是真的有困难,还是无病呻吟?

    2. freak flag独特之处,另类的一面

    My high school literature teacher taught me to always be true to myself and to wear my freak flag proudly.

    我高中的语文老师告诉我,要永远遵从自己的内心,骄傲地展现出自己另类的一面。

    3. get out of hand失控

    The party got out of hand and the guests started to throw bottles at each other.

    聚会失去了控制,宾客们开始相互扔瓶子。

    4. get your head around it明白,搞清楚

    I just can’t get my head around the fact that Joe is leaving us.

    难以置信乔就要离开我们了。

    5. dig in your heels / stick to your guns坚持立场

    My parents wanted me to give up writing, but I dug in my heels / stuck to my guns and went on to become a famous writer.

    父母想让我放弃写作,但我坚持了下来,终于成为著名的作家。

    6. pound the pavement徘徊于街头找工作

    I’d been pounding the pavement for months before I found a job in a fast food restaurant.

    我在街上转了好几个月,终于找到了一份快餐店的工作。

    精彩推荐:

    广州电话英语培训排名https://www.douban.com/note/544188211/

    广州电话英语培训哪家好http://www.deyi.com/thread-8199357-1-1.html

    广州电话英语培训排行榜https://www.douban.com/review/7806880/

    相关文章

      网友评论

          本文标题:“狼来了”,赶紧通知羊群们

          本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/hlmtlttx.html