My dearest one, I have just heard the news that all the Army men taken POW are to return totheir homes.
我的挚爱,我刚刚听到一个消息。战俘们就要返乡了。
Because of the shipping situation we may not commence to go before the end of February, butcan probably count on being in England sometime in March, maybe sooner.
鉴于航运情况,二月底之前我们可能都上不了船。不过三月应该就能回到英国了。也许更快。
It's made me very warm inside.
想到这儿,我心里暖洋洋的。
It is terrific, wonderful, shattering.
激动、喜悦、兴奋。
I don't know what to say. And I cannot think.
无以言表,我甚至没法思考。
The delay is nothing, the decision is everything.
延误算不了什么。只要有能回家的决定就够了。
I must spend the first days at home. I must consider getting a party somewhere.
刚回去那几天我要待在家里,可能会办个聚会。
Above all I must be with you.
但最重要的是一定要和你在一起。
I must warm you, surround you, love you, and be kind to you.
我一定要哄你开心,和你形影不离,宠着你。
I would prefer not to get married, but want you to agree on the point.
我个人更希望不结婚,但必须征得你的同意。
In battle I was afraid,for you, for my mother, for myself.
在战场上,我很害怕。担心你和我的母亲,也担心我自己。
Wait we must, my lover, my darling, let us meet, let us be, let us know.
我们必须等待,我的爱人,我的宝贝。
But do not let us now make any mistakes.
我们必须相见,在一起互相了解。但不能犯下错误。
How good for us to see each other before I am completely bald.
真好,在我头发掉光之前还能见到你。
I have some fine little wisps of hair on the top of my head.
我头顶上还有几缕头发。
It's not much good me trying to write about recent experiences, now that I know I should beable to tell you everything myself within such a short time.
已经没什么必要给你讲我最近的经历了。因为不久我就能面对面地向你述说。
What I have my eye on now is the first letter from you saying that you know I am all right andthe next saying you know I am coming to you.
眼下我手边放着你给我的第一封信,说你知道我已平安。还有第二封说你知道我就要回去了。
Plan a week somewhere, not Boscombe or Bournemouth.
我们去那儿待一周吧,只要不是博斯库姆或伯恩茅斯就行。
Think of being together.
想想看,就我们俩。
The glory of you.
你是如此美丽。
网友评论