Scene 4 Phil & Claire
[.]
- A little help here?
- A cello is more in demand in university orchestras. 大提琴手比较讨大学管弦乐队喜欢/更有需求。
what's not in demand? - Don't remind me. 快别提了。
- Don't forget, the driving instructor is picking you up from school. 别忘了 驾校教练会去接你下课
-driving instructor 教练;
-learner's permit 驾驶实习证,拿到此证后考驾照。
-merge 并道 - One of the really standard rules of the road/sth. ... 最基本的驾驶/sth.规则之一
- You're freaking me out! 你把我弄崩溃了
- Makes you realize1 we're all just hanging by a thread2. 让我们俩觉得真是命悬一线啊。
[.]
- This covers up more than my bathing suit.
bathing suit 在美剧中比 swimming suit更常见。
Honey, you moving out? 宝贝 你是要搬出去吗
Five more years. 再忍5年就搬
A little help here? 能帮点儿忙吗
This is why we suggested the violin. 所以我们才建议你学小提琴
A cello is more in demand in university orchestras. 大提琴手比较讨大学管弦乐队喜欢
-You know what's not in demand? -Oh, what? -你知道什么不讨人喜欢吗 -什么
Girls who play in university orchestras. 参加管弦乐团的姑娘
-Here, I'll help you carry it out to the curb. -Okay. Here. -来 我帮你提到路边去吧 -给
Phil, put on some pants. 菲尔 把裤子穿上
Come on! This covers up more than my bathing suit. 拜托 这裤子比我的泳裤长多了
And don't remind me. 别提你的泳裤了
Haley, honey- 海莉 亲爱的
Don't forget, the driving instructor is picking you up from school. 别忘了 驾校教练会去接你下课
Can't he pick me up someplace else? 他就不能换个地儿接我吗
I don't want kids at school thinking I'm dating... 我可不想让同学以为我在跟一个
a 40-year-old driving instructor who's not even cute. 40岁又不帅的驾校教练约会
Haley just got her learner's permit. 海莉刚拿到驾驶实习证
We've been taking turns driving with her. 我们轮流陪她开车
One of the really standard rules of the road... 最基本的驾驶规则之一
is we want to keep a safe distance 就是要和前面的车
between us and the car in front. 保持安全距离
-And that is not safe right there. Not safe. -Right. -这距离不安全 不安全啊 -对
-Okay, merge. -I- -好 并道 -我
Merge. Merge! Merge! Merge! Merge! 并道 并道 并道并道快并道
Stop it! You're freaking me out! 闭嘴 你再叫我都崩溃了.
This navigation system is all messed up. 这导航系统乱七八糟的
It thinks we're in a park. 上面说我们开进了一个公园里
Oh, my God! It is a park! 我的天 还真是一个公园
-Away from the kids! -Oh, my God! -躲开那群孩子 -噢 天啊
-Aim for the lake! -I wanted- -朝湖里开 -我该
Scene 5 Jay & Gloria
- Undermining one's confidence
The last thing Manny needs on his first day of school... 开学第一天 曼尼最不需要的
is you "undermelting" his confidence. 就是你"打计"他的自信心了
-Undermining. -Now you're doing it to me too. -是打击 -你现在又打击我了
I'm sorry, 我很抱歉
but there's only two places anyone should wear a poncho- 但人们只在两种情况下穿雨披
Niagara Falls and log rides. 去尼亚加拉大瀑布和玩激流勇进
You think too much about these things. 你太小题大作了
I wear all sort of daring outfits all the time, 我向来都是随心所欲 穿各种奇装异服
and people admire them because I wear them with the confidence. 而别人都很膜拜我 因为我穿出了自信
Yeah, I'm sure it's the confidence they're admiring. 他们肯定膜拜的只是你的自信
Scene 6 Mitchell & Cameron
[.]
- I just think it's a little over-the-top. 我觉得这有点儿太过了.
- You need to loosen up and have fun. 你该放松点儿,开心点儿
- Put a little boogie in it. 要放摇滚了哦
- I made a judgment call. 我只能见机行事
- Maybe that's a bad sign. 也许这不是好兆头呢.
- So she can be all judgmental and condescending, 这样她就可以盛气凌人说三道四了
- Usually we just gave time-outs. 一般我们只让他们闭门思过而已。
- she's not acting any differently, 她看起来也没什么不正常。
- That helps.
[.]
- smack their heads into a wall? 头撞到墙。
-smack vt. 拍, 打, 掴; n. 掌掴(声); 拍击(声); adv. 直接地, 准确地, 恰好地;猛烈地, 急剧地.
-smack their heads, bonked Lily's head, bang his head
I just-i just think it's a little over-the-top. 我只是觉得 这有点儿太过分了
You know what? You need to loosen up and have fun. 知道吗 你该放松点儿 开心点儿
I am loose. I'm fun. 我够放了 我够开了
Remember, uh, breakfast for dinner last week? 还记得 上周用早餐当晚餐吗
My idea. 就是我的主意
Ever since we brought Lily home, you've been tense. 自从带莉莉回来后你就紧张得要死
All you do is put child locks on things, read parenting books. 你到处都上了儿童锁 还尽读些育儿书籍
Would you please stop and-Here, just hold your daughter. 你就不能消停一下吗 来抱抱你女儿
Hold her and relax. 抱抱她 放松点
-All right, sweetheart, come on. -Just relax. -好吧 甜心 来吧 -放轻松
Aw, sweetheart. 小甜心
Did you put hair spray on this? 你给她喷了发胶吗
Just a little bit. I'm gonna put some music on. 一点点 我来放点音乐
No, Cam, I have to go to work. 不 小卡 我还要去上班
-Dance with her. -Come on, it's not time for this. -跟她跳跳舞 -别 没时间了
Put a little boogie in it. 我要放舞曲了哦
Oh, come on. 饶了我吧
Just dance. You know you love this song. 跳吧 你知道这首歌是你的菜
This is actually a really good song. 的确是首好歌
All right. Okay. 那好吧 好吧
Who's a dancing queen, huh? 谁才是舞后呢
Put a little boogie in it. 一起摇摆吧
See? Fun, right? 看 好玩吧 是不是
Oh, my-Was that her head? 妈呀 撞到她的头了吗
No, I think if it was her head, she would be- 不 我想要是撞到头 她肯定早就
Yeah, it was her head. Okay. Okay. 好吧 是撞到头了 不哭 不哭
Yes. Yes, I know. 没事的 没事的 我知道
I got Boo-boo Bear from the freezer. 我把布布熊冰袋拿来了
Why do you have chocolate on your face? 你脸上怎么有巧克力
It was under a pie. 布布熊压在派下面了
So you ate your way to it? 所以你就吃出了一条生路吗
I made a judgment call. You weren't there. 我只能见机行事 你又不帮我
-Do you think she's all right? -She didn't cry that much. -你看她没事吧 -她哭得没那么凶了
Maybe that's a bad sign. You know, 也许这不是好兆头呢 你懂的
we should try and make her laugh. 我们得试着让她笑出来
-Why? -'Cause that's how we'll know she's okay. -为什么 -那样我们就知道她没事了
Where's... uh... where's Doggy? 那个 狗狗在哪里
Doggy. Doggy. Here, Doggy. 狗狗 狗狗 这儿 狗狗
Okay. There you go. 好吧 我来
But it's a dog. 狗不是这么叫的
Yeah, I know. That's why it's funny. 我知道 所以才好笑
I don't think it's as funny as you think it is. 我没觉得有那么好笑
Can we please just call your sister? 我们直接打给你姐吧
No, no. Cam-Cam--Why? 不 不 小卡 为什么
So she can be all judgmental and condescending, 这样她就可以盛气凌人说三道四了
like she's the expert and 就好像她是个专家
I don't know how to take care of a baby? 而我根本是育儿白痴
Mitchell, she is your family. 米奇尔 她是你的家人
Of course she's gonna be judgmental and condescending. 她当然会盛气凌人说三道四了
Hello? 喂
Hey, hi, um-Not a big deal. Just wondering. 嗨 没什么大事儿 就是想问问
When your kids were small, did you ever- 你家孩子小时候 有没有被你们
I don't know-smack their heads into a wall? 怎么说呢 用头撞过墙呢
Usually we just gave time-outs. 一般我们只让他们闭门思过而已
No, no, accidentally. 不 不 是意外撞到
Um, we just kind of bonked Lily's head. 我们不小心撞到了莉莉的头
It wasn't very hard and she's not acting any differently, 撞得不是很重 她也哭得不厉害
but I just worry- 但我还是担心
Relax. It happens. 放松 常有的事啦
Luke used to bang his head all the time and he's fine. 卢克就老是撞到头 不也好好的
Okay, all right, thank you. Thanks. That helps. Okay, okay. 好吧 谢谢你 真心感激 好的
We gotta take her to the doctor. Load up the car. 我们得带她去看医生 把车开出来
网友评论