美文网首页语言·翻译
‘炫耀’除了‘show off’还可以这样说!

‘炫耀’除了‘show off’还可以这样说!

作者: 晓语人生 | 来源:发表于2020-06-16 20:53 被阅读0次

    Hello and welcome to The English We Speak with me, Feifei…

    大家好,欢迎来到地道英语,我是菲菲。

    …and me, Roy.

    我是罗伊。

    We may sound a little different - that's because we are not able to record in our normal studios during the coronavirus outbreak.

    我们可能听起来与以往有些不同,这是因为在新冠肺炎疫情爆发期间,我们无法在平时的录音间录制节目。

    Roy! I saw the photo you sent to the text group this morning!

    罗伊!我今天早上看到你在群里发的照片了!

    I didn't know you had a fancy sports car, a mansion and a swimming pool.

    我不知道你有辆豪华跑车、一个豪宅和游泳池。

    Roy, you need to stop flexing?!

    罗伊,你需要停止“flexing”!

    What do you mean 'flexing'?

    你说的“flexing”是什么意思?

    I'm not exercising my muscles at all, right now!

    我现在根本不锻炼肌肉!

    Not flexing your muscles, Roy.

    不是活动肌肉,罗伊。

    You're showing off!

    你在炫耀!

    This is our word for this programme - 'flexing' - which means to show off!

    这是今天节目要讨论的词:“flexing”,意思是炫耀!

    I'm not showing off. I just want everyone to be aware of my amazing lifestyle!

    我不是在炫耀。我只想让每个人都知道我美好的生活方式!

    I'm thinking about getting some dolphins to go in my pool.

    我在考虑让海豚到我的游泳池里去。

    Roy! Now you're just inventing things!

    罗伊!现在你又开始编瞎话了!

    I don't think you have a mansion, a swimming pool or a fancy sports car.

    我不认为你有豪宅,游泳池或高级跑车。

    Not only do I think you're flexing,

    我认为你在不仅是在炫耀,

    but you're totally exaggerating just to impress people!

    而且你还为了给人留下深刻印象而夸大其词!

    Are you impressed?

    你觉得印象深刻吗?

    No, not at all.

    不,并没有。

    Anyway, let's listen to these examples…

    不管怎样,让我们来听下面的例子。

    He's always flexing on social media, - showing these glamorous pictures of his holidays!

    他总是在社交媒体上炫耀,秀他假期里的这些迷人照片!

    People who flex are so annoying! It's just showing off.

    炫耀的人太招人烦了!只是在显摆而已。

    She can't stop flexing about her new house, but it's actually not that nice.

    她不停地炫耀她的新房子

    we're talking about the word 'flexing', which means showing-off.

    我们讨论的是“flexing”这个词,意思是炫耀。

    When you're showing off about something strange, or tacky, some people say 'weird flex, but OK'.

    当你在炫耀一些奇怪或俗气的东西时,有些人说“莫名其妙的炫耀,但好吧”。

    Well, I'm sorry if you think I was showing off.

    如果你觉得我在炫耀的话,我很抱歉。

    I just want people to think I'm cool!

    我只想让人们觉得我很酷!

    That's all.

    就这样。

    You don't need to flex for people to like you!

    你不需要为了别人喜欢你而显摆!

    Everyone already does think you're cool!

    每个人都认为你很酷!

    It's because you're an amazing person like me.

    因为你和我一样是个了不起的人。

    But, talking about amazing things: have you seen my new phone?

    但是,说到令人惊奇的事情:你看到我的新手机了吗?

    Weird flex, but OK.

    莫名其妙的炫耀,但是好吧。

    What? I didn't flex! Plus, why is it weird?

    什么?我没有显摆!再说,这有什么奇怪的?

    Well, it's not a cool phone - I've never even heard of the brand, and the colours look like someone vomited rainbows.

    好吧,这不是个很酷的手机,我从没听说过这个牌子,颜色看上去就像有人吐出了彩虹。

    Well, I like it. Wait, what are those car keys on your desk?

    嗯,我喜欢。等等,你桌子上的车钥匙是什么?

    Do you really have a sportscar?

    你真的有跑车吗?

    Of course, I do - and a mansion and a pool -

    当然,我有,我还有一座豪宅和一个游泳池。

    The only reason I shared that photo was because I wanted to invite people to my house party!

    我分享这张照片的唯一原因是我想邀请人们参加我的家庭聚会!

    Really? Can I come to the party?

    真的吗?我能来参加聚会吗?

    Sure, as long as you don't flex about that horrible phone.

    当然,只要你不炫耀那个可怕的电话。

    OK, I won't talk about my amazing phone.

    好吧,我不谈我那个棒呆了的手机了。

    Bye, Roy.

    再见,罗伊。

    Bye.

    再见。

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:‘炫耀’除了‘show off’还可以这样说!

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/auqdxktx.html