Liz is in Chicago now and she wants to sends a few postcards back in Canada. Unfortunately,she has gotten lost on her wany to the post office. She asks a passer-by for help.
丽斯现在在芝加哥,她想寄几张明信片回加拿大。不幸的是,她在去邮局的路上迷了路。她向过路人求助。

Chicago Resident: 前纽约大学教授,退休后常住芝加哥,学识渊博但从不摆架子
Liz: 19岁得加拿大女生,热爱旅行和阅读,非常乐观
Liz: Excuse me, could you tell me where the post office is? I am lost here.
丽斯: 打扰一下,你能告诉我邮局在哪儿吗?我在这里迷路了。
Chicago Resident: Ah, yeah. The buildings around here look very similar. It is easy to get lost. Luckily enough, the post office is not very far. It is only two blocks from here.
芝加哥居民: 啊,是的。这附近的建筑看起来很相似。很容易迷路。很幸运,邮局不是很远。离这儿只有两个街区。
Liz: Ok, that is great. How can I get there?
丽斯: 好,那太好了。我怎么去那里?
Chicago Resident: Go along the street and turn left at the second crossing. Then go on walking till you get to the first traffic light. The post office is right at the corner, beside a fruit shop.
芝加哥居民: 沿着这条街走,在第二个十字路口向左拐。然后一直走到第一个红绿灯。邮局就在拐角处,在一家水果店的旁边。
Liz: Turn left, until I come to the first traffic light, beside the fruit shop. Okay, thank you very much!
丽斯: 向左转,直到第一个红绿灯,水果店旁边。好的,非常感谢!
Chicago Resident: No problem.
芝加哥居民: 不客气。
当你没听明白,让对方重复的几种表达:
Parden me, I did not quite get that? 对不起,我没听明白。
Would you mind repeating that, please? 请你再说一遍好吗?
I am sorry? 我很抱歉?
Sorry, but I miss that 对不起,我错过了
Sorry, I did not catch that? 对不起,我没听清楚。
Sorry, I did not understand, could you say that again? 对不起,我没听懂,你能再说一遍吗?
Sorry, what did you say? 对不起,你说什么?
网友评论