美文网首页百钻公会读书故事
348、英语小故事(中英对照)“麻雀”

348、英语小故事(中英对照)“麻雀”

作者: 阁香书院 | 来源:发表于2021-09-26 19:12 被阅读0次

The Sparrow

麻雀

I was coming back from hunting and walking along a broad path on the garden, with my dog running in front of me.

我打猎归来,沿着花园的林荫路走着,狗跑在我前边。

All of a sudden he started running slower, and began to steal(偷偷摸摸地) along as if he were tracking some wild animals.

突然,狗放慢脚步,蹑足前行,好像嗅到了前边有什么野物。

I looked along the path, and saw a young sparrow, with yellow about its beak(鸟嘴) and down on its head.

我顺着林荫路望去,看见一只嘴角嫩黄,头上长着绒毛的小麻雀。

It had fallen out of the nest (the wind was shaking the trees so much) and sat unable to move, helplessly flapping its wings.

它从巢里跌落下来(风猛烈地摇撼着路旁的树),呆呆地伏在地上,无可奈何地拍打着小翅膀。

My dog was slowly approaching it.

我的狗慢慢向它逼近。

Without notice, moving with great speed down the tree that was close by, an old sparrow fell like a stone right before the nose of my dog;

忽然,从附近一棵树上扑下一只老麻雀,像一颗石子似的落在狗面前;

untidy,(凌乱的) very afraid and making pitiful(可怜的)sounds, it threw itself towards the open jaws of shining teeth.

它全身倒竖着羽毛,惊惶万状,发出绝望凄惨的叫声,向露出牙齿、大张着的狗嘴边扑去。

It ran to save; it lay beside the young sparrow . . . but its tiny body was shaking with fear, with an unpleasant and unusual note.

它是猛扑下来救护的,落在自己幼儿的旁边……可由于恐怖,它整个小小的躯体在颤抖,发出嘶哑的声音。

In full fear, it gave itself up to the dog.

它呆立着不动,准备着一场搏斗。

My dog must have looked really big and terrible to it!

在它看来,我的狗该是个多么庞大的怪物啊!

But it left the safety of its branch at the top of the tree to the risks of getting killed by the dog. . . .

可是,它还是不愿安然地站在高高的、安全的树枝上……

A force that was beyond its control threw it down.

一种强大的力量使它飞了下来。

At first, my dog stopped moving, then moved back . . . it was clear that he knew this force.

我的狗先是愣住了,随即它向后退……看来,狗也承认了这种力量。

I moved fast to call my dog back and went away full of respect.

我赶紧唤回我的狗,怀着极恭敬的心情,走开了。

Yes; do not laugh. I felt a deep respect for the courage and love which the small bird showed.

是啊,请不要见笑。我崇敬那只小小的鸟儿,我崇敬它的勇敢和爱。

Love, I thought, is stronger than death or the fear of death.

爱,我想,比死和死的恐惧更加强大。

Only by it, by love, life is kept together and moves forward.

只有依靠它,依靠爱,生命才能维持下去,发展下去。

我是阁香书院,如果你喜欢看我的英语文章,想看更多的英语文章的话,欢迎关注我,让我们一起学习英语,一起进步吧!

相关文章

网友评论

    本文标题:348、英语小故事(中英对照)“麻雀”

    本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/ghqcnltx.html