美文网首页乐其英语|乐在其中
2016年美国总统大选希拉里败选演讲(8)

2016年美国总统大选希拉里败选演讲(8)

作者: 老祝读书 | 来源:发表于2018-11-04 22:28 被阅读0次

    点击查看音频

    It is, it is worth it.
    是的,它是值得的。

    And so we need — we need you to keep up these fights now and for the rest of your lives.
    所以我们需要你们坚持奋战,不仅是现在而且是毕生坚持。

    And to all the women, and especially the young women, who put their faith in this campaignand in me:
    对所有把她们的希望寄托在这场竞选和我本人的女性,特别是年轻的女性,

    I want you to know that nothing has made me prouder than to be your champion.
    我想让你们知道,没有什么能够比为你们冲锋陷阵更令我自豪了。

    Now, I know we have still not shattered that highest and hardest glass ceiling, but someday someone will — and hopefully sooner than we might think right now.
    如今,我知道我们还没有打破最高、最硬的玻璃天花板,但总有一天会有人做到的,而且希望这一天的到来比我们现在预想的要早。

    And to all of the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.
    所有正在关注的小女孩们,永远也不要怀疑你的价值和力量,不要怀疑在这个世界上你理应有各种机会追求和实现自己的梦想。

    keep up

    保持;

    1.We must keep up with the times.
    我们必须跟上时代前进的步伐。

    2.Things are changing so fast, it's hard to keep up.
    事情变化得太快了,很难跟上形势。

    3.Would you slow down? I can't keep up!
    你走慢点儿行不行,人家跟不上啊!

    want sb to do sth

    想要某人做某事

    1.I want you to try Shaanxi steamed cold noodles.
    我想让你尝尝陕西凉皮

    2.I want you to tell me where you went last night
    我要你告诉我昨晚你去了哪里

    3.I want you to be my friend.
    我想你来作我的朋友。

    glass ceiling

    玻璃天花板(看不见但确确实实存在)

    1.If you want to be succeed , you must break the glass ceiling.
    如果你想成功,就必须打破玻璃天花板。

    2.Everyone will reached his own glass ceiling , but only a few of them can break it
    每个人都会达到自己的玻璃天花板,但只有少数人能打破它。

    3.I feel I have reached the glass ceiling in my last job.
    我觉得上一份工作已经到了顶峰阶段。

    欢迎关注乐其英语I乐在其中公众号,附有到演讲音频

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:2016年美国总统大选希拉里败选演讲(8)

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/gmodxqtx.html