双语读诗| Poets to Come! 未来的诗人们

作者: 雪茶酱 | 来源:发表于2020-05-08 21:57 被阅读0次

                    Walt Whitman 沃尔特·惠特曼

Poets to come! orators, singers, musicians to come!

未来的诗人们!未来的演说家,歌唱家,音乐家!

Not to-day is to justify me, and answer what I am for;

今天请不必为我申辩、并解答,我是抱着什么目的;

But you, a new brood, native, athletic, continental, greater than before known,

但是你们是一群新人物,土生土长,健壮,属于大陆,是空前伟大的,

Arouse! for you must justify me.

醒来吧!你们必须为我申辩。

I myself but write one or two indicative words for the future,

我自己只为未来写下了一个两个略有所指的词句,

I but advance a moment, only to wheel and hurry back in the darkness.

我的前进只维持了片刻,马上我便急转身,又回到了黑暗中。

I am a man who, sauntering along without fully stopping,turns a casual look upon you, and then averts his face,

我是这样的一个人,漫步前行,却从未完全停驻,偶然向你们注目便随即转过脸去,

Leaving it to you to prove and define it,

留待你们来加以证实、说明,

Expecting the main things from you.

指望从你们身上获取主要的东西。

相关文章

网友评论

    本文标题:双语读诗| Poets to Come! 未来的诗人们

    本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/hqfcnhtx.html