1. be music to sb’s ears(对某人)是悦耳的声音;是中听的话
The rattle of the letterbox was music to my ears-The letter had arrived at last.
信箱发出的嘎嘎声对我来说很悦耳——信终于到了。
2. face the music 接受批评(或惩罚)
Sooner or later, I am going to have to face the music.迟早我得自己承担后果。
3. (as) clear as a bell(声音)像钟声一样清晰洪亮
His voice came down the line as clear as a bell.
他的声音如银铃般清脆地从听筒里传出来。
4. ring a bell 听起来耳熟
The name rang a bell, but I couldn’t remember where I had heard it before.
这个名字听起来耳熟,但我记不起来以前在哪儿听到过。
5. change your tune (尤其为了好处)改变看法,改变论调
You’ve changed your tune since this morning, haven’t you?
你从今天早上就变卦了,是不是?
6. and all that jazz 以及诸如此类
I’ve fed up with work, meetings, and all that jazz.
我对工作、开会等诸如此类的东西感到厌烦。
7. for a song 极便宜地,以贱价
He bought the house for a song five years ago.
五年前,他以极低的价格买下了那栋房子。
网友评论