Laziness 懒惰
The quality that makes you go to great effort to reduce overall energy expenditure.
是这样一种品质,它使得你花大力气去避免消耗过多的精力。
It makes you write labor-saving programs that other people will find useful,
它敦促你写出节省体力的程序,同时别人也能利用它们。
and document what you wrote so you don't have to answer so many questions about it.
为此你会写出完善的文档,以免别人问你太多问题。
Hence, the first great virtue of a programmer, Also hence , this book.
因此,程序员第一大美德。
Impatience 急躁
The anger you feel when the computer is being lazy.
是这样一种愤怒----当你发现计算机懒洋洋地不给出结果。
This makes you write programs that don't just react to your needs, but actually anticipate them.
于是你写出更优秀的代码,能尽快真正的解决问题。
Or at least pretend to.
至少看上去如此。
Hence, the second great virtue of a programmer.
因此,是程序员第二个美德。
Hubris 傲慢
Excessive pride, the sort of thing Zeus zaps you for.
宙斯授予你过度的骄傲(极度自信)。
Also the quality that makes you write (and maintain) programs that other people won't want to say bad things about.
使你有信心写出(或维护)别人挑不出毛病的程序。
Hence, the third great virtue of a programmer.
因此,程序员第三大美德。
Perl 创始人 Larry Wall
网友评论