美文网首页乐其英语|乐在其中
比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(13)

比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(13)

作者: 老祝读书 | 来源:发表于2018-10-07 20:46 被阅读0次

    点击查看音频

    I am optimistic that we can do this, but I talk to skeptics who claim there is no hope. They say: "Inequity has been with us since the beginning, and will be with us till the end – because people just … don’t … care." I completely disagree.
    在这个问题上,我是乐观的。但是,我也遇到过那些感到绝望的怀疑主义者。他们说:“不平等从人类诞生的第一天就存在,到人类灭亡的最后一天也将存在。——因为人类对这个问题根本不在乎。”我完全不能同意这种观点。
    I believe we have more caring than we know what to do with.
    我相信,问题不是我们不在乎,而是我们不知道怎么做。
    All of us here in this Yard, at one time or another, have seen human tragedies that broke our hearts, and yet we did nothing – not because we didn’t care, but because we didn’t know what to do. If we had known how to help, we would have acted.
    此刻在这个院子里的所有人,生命中总有这样或那样的时刻,目睹人类的悲剧,感到万分伤心。但是我们什么也没做,并非我们无动于衷,而是因为我们不知道做什么和怎么做。如果我们知道如何做是有效的,那么我们就会采取行动。

    I am optimistic that ....

    我乐观地认为...

    1.I was ever optimistic that everything would be ok , but you destroyed everything.
    我曾经乐观地认为一切都会好的,但是你毁掉了这一切。

    2.I am optimistic that we can reach our goal.
    我乐观地认为,我们可以达到我们的目标。

    3.I am very optimistic that everything is going smoothly.
    我很乐观地认为,一切都进展顺利。

    skeptic

    怀疑论者

    1.I think you are a skeptic
    我认为你是一个怀疑论者

    2.For a skeptic , it 's tired to live in this world.
    对于一个怀疑论者来说,生活在这个世界上是很累的。

    3.Sometimes, skeptics will pay attention to what we often ignore
    有时,怀疑论者会注意到我们经常忽略

    not because ..., but because ...

    不是因为... ,而是因为...

    1. It 's not because I don't like Sichuan hot pot, but because it is too spicy.
      这不是因为我不喜欢四川火锅,而是因为它太辣了。

    2.I succeeded not because I worked very hard, but because I was very lucky.
    我之所以成功不是因为我工作很努力,而是因为我很幸运。

    3.I lay in bed daylong, not because I was tired, but because it rained.
    我躺在床上一整天,不是因为我累了,而是因为下雨了。

    欢迎关注乐其英语I乐在其中公众号,附有到演讲音频

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(13)

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/sdrraftx.html