Part 1:地道表达之“沉浸于...”
A: I'm having a crush on that girl, but I don't know how to impress her.
我迷上那个姑娘了,但是我不知道怎样才能让她对我印象深刻。
B:I hear that she is awash in reading fashion magazines.
我听说她沉浸语世行杂志里。
A:So what?
那有怎么样?
B:Why don't get some copies and give them to her?
干嘛不送几本给她呢?
A:That's a dandy idea. I'll go for a few copies.
be awash in 沉浸于
E.g. I am awash in playing golf. How about you?
我现在沉浸于打高尔夫球了,你呢?
E.g. The professor made his students be awash in the study of the Italian text.
教授使他的学生们都沉浸于对意大利文化的学习中了。
E.g.The blind girl was awash in the beautiful music.
这个盲女沉浸于优美的音乐中了。
go for:去做某事
E.g.He took advantage of the good weather to go for a walk.
他趁着天气好,出去散散步。
E.g.Harness the pony and we'll go for a ride in the cart.
给那匹小马套上马具,我们要坐车出去逛逛。
have a crush on sb.:对某人有意思,爱上某人
E.g. I'm going to dinner with this girl I have a crush on.
我要和我迷恋的这个女孩吃晚餐。
E.g.Your friend Jack Turner seems to have a crush on Susan Tompkins.
你的朋友杰克 特纳好像迷恋上了苏珊 汤普金斯。
Part 2:词汇辨析(十三)
13、acute, critical, crucial, urgent "严重的,重要的"意思。
acutea.剧烈的,严重的;急性的(病)。
例如:An acute lack of food brought hunger to the Iraqipeople.
食品严重缺乏,伊拉克人民正在忍饥挨饿。
criticala.意为"关键的",表示处于极度缺乏的状态或事件的转折点,与crucial相似。与crucial的区别在于它对缺乏的或危急的程度有更准确的衡 量;还指"批判性的,分析性的"。
例如:It is critical that you study hard for the exam or you will fail it.
为了考好你必须用功学习,则你会不及格的。
cruciala.意为"决定性的,紧要关头的,至关重要的",最为笼统,适用于上述 两种情况。
例如:Improved consumer confidence is crucial to an economicrecovery.
消费者信心的增强对经济的复苏是至关重要的。
urgenta.意为"紧迫的,急迫的,紧要的",它不强调所指的问题是最重要的, 仅强调"紧急的"状态。
例如:We have an urgent need for help; we are running outof water.
我们急需要帮助,我们的水就快要用光了。
往期内容请到vx公众号:伪英语爱好者。
网友评论