Chairman! Wow! You just diffuse that entire situation!
哇!你太厉害了!整个危机局势让你通通化解了!
What situation? Oh oh, that...yeah! Oh my God, does that happen a lot?
什么危机局势?哦,你说那个啊... 没错。天啊,这种事常发生吗?
They're fairly regular, the beatings, yes. I'd say we're on a biweekly beatings.
这种殴打规律出现,没错。我们每两周挨一次揍。
Ah, it's not all that bad!
没你说的那么惨啦!
Ah, come on Roy! It's pretty bad.
算了吧罗伊,就是这么惨。
Maybe I could help with this, you know. I mean, I'm a people person, and people like you need a person to deal with people, a people person like me.
这种事我也许能帮上忙。我是善于交际的人,而你们这种类型的人需要找个人帮忙跟他人打交道,找一个像我这样的善于交际的人。
Oh my God! Ideas are coming! Things are happening here!
哦老天!有主意了!大脑开动了!
Ok, Ok. What would you say, yeah. If I told you that I had a plan to raise your profile in all upstairs by 100%. What would you say?
好的好的。你们看这样如何,如果我有个计划,可以把你们在楼上的人眼中的形象提升一倍。你们看怎样?
It can't be done! You're crazy!
那不可能!你疯了吗!
What would you say Roy? Roy's passed out! Ok! I need a felt-tip pen, and some paper.
你说呢,罗伊?罗伊昏过去了!很好!我需要一支水彩笔,和几张纸。
Definition of felt-tip pen: a pen that has a writing point made of felt.
No no! Oh no, really really really, that was a true story! Unbelievable!
不不!真的真的真的,那是真事!难以置信!
I said why we don't go out with the I.T.Guys more often? You're hilarious!
以前咋没跟你们出去玩呢你们太欢乐了!
hilarious 搞笑的;有趣的, 这个词常常用来形容人很风趣,有幽默感,或某事很有趣,好玩等。用好了“hilarious”这个词,会让你的英语听上去很地道。英语中还有个词是“very funny“, 这个词不能随便说,尤其是在跟对方不是很熟情况,说“Very funny”真的会超级尴尬。
Yes we are!
没错,我们就是这样的!
You guys should come down here more often, you know, you should see this as a new era for Reynholm Industries.
你们应该多下来转转,把这当成瑞农公司的新天地。
"A new era for Reynholm Industries!"
"瑞农公司的新天地"!
Oh, Do you know what! If you want to hear something really funny, a really funny story.
哦对了,你们知道吗?有件非常非常有趣的事,想听吗?
You should hear what happened to Moss and I, when we were so drunk in Amsterdam that Moss lost his glasses!
你们该听听莫斯和我的那次经历,那回我们在阿姆斯特丹喝醉了,然后莫斯把眼镜弄丢了!
Moss! Moss! Come here! Come here! Tell them that story about when we were drunk in Amsterdam.
莫斯!莫斯!快过来!快过来!跟他们讲讲咱们在阿姆斯特丹喝醉了那事儿!
Really?
你确定?
Yeah yeah yeah! Oh it's brilliant! Oh this a great story, you're gonna love it! I'm just gonna get another box of wine!
当然当然!那事儿太给力了!故事太精彩了!你们肯定会喜欢的!我再去开箱红酒!
Well go on, then.
说吧。
All right. Well, one night, we were really drunk. Yeah.
好吧。那天晚上,我们喝多了。然后呢。
And huh, we were so drunk that we decided to hire prostitutes.
我们醉到不行,于是决定找小姐。
postitute比较正式,类似工作者。hooker和postitute都是小姐的意思,hooker是口语,小姐,hooker一字的来历。说起 hooker,首先要给美国内战期间联邦军一位名将胡克(Joseph Hooker)平反。现在不少人认为,胡克将军好色放荡,常常召妓,所以妓女就叫做 hooker了。其实,胡克将军司令部虽然的确很像妓寨,hooker这个字却不是“因他之名”而解作“妓女”的。按纽约有一个红灯区叫做 Corlear's Hook,简称 the Hook,所以妓女叫做 hooker了。
And when they arrived to the hotel, we were too scared to do anything, so we brought them to the fair.
可开房之后,我们什么都不敢做,于是就带她们去了游乐场。
Oh really nice! In the end, they only charged us half. But we did have to pay for all the rides.
她们还真不错,最后只收了我们一半的钱,但交通费都是我们出的。
Haha! Oh isn't that just the best story? Oh, man!
哈哈!怎么样,那故事巨牛吧?哦,哥们啊!
You told me to never tell that story to anyone.
你之前跟我说永远不要跟别人提这事的。
Well, what're you talking about? That's a brilliant story!
啊?你说什么呢?那故事多精彩啊!
And then you nearly walked into the canal! Has it got to that part with the boatman?
后来你差点掉沟里!说道船夫那段儿了吗?
Oh...Do you mean the story when I lost my glasses?
哦...你说的是我丢眼镜那事啊?
Yes! What story did you think I mean? Moss? What did you say? ! What did you say? !
是啊!你以为我指的是什么?莫斯?你刚才说了什么?!你都说了什么呀?!
It's all right for you two. You're used to being social piranhas...I'm a very popular person usually.
你们不会有什么损失的,反正早习惯当社交食人鱼了...可我通常人气很高的。
That girl earlier, that tried to beat me to death with her shoes, did anybody get her number?
之前那个要用鞋把我打死的女孩,你们谁知道她手机号吗?
That was a nice day the fair, wasn't it? With Brandy and Crystal!
其实去游乐场那天挺美好的,不是吗?跟小布和晶晶一起度过!
Hello I.T. ? Yeah. Have you tried turning it off and on again?
你好,IT部?好的,你试过关机重启吗?(Jen最后也会了)
网友评论