美文网首页读美剧剧本学英语
Desperate Housewives S01 E03 Sus

Desperate Housewives S01 E03 Sus

作者: 静语微澜 | 来源:发表于2020-01-22 14:26 被阅读0次

    (We hear a doorbell ring. SUSAN runs to the door with a towel wrapped around her body.)

    (doorbell: 门铃 ring: 响 towel: 浴巾 wrap: 包裹)

    (我们听到门铃响。 Susan身上裹着一条浴巾,跑去开门。)

    -Susan: I'm coming!

    来了!

    -Susan: Karl, what are you doing here? I asked you to come tomorrow.

    Karl,你在这干什么? 我让你明天来。

    -Karl: You said you wanted to talk. It sounded important.

    sound: 听起来

    你说你想谈谈,听上去很重要的样子。

    -Susan: Tomorrow. I'm in a towel.

    towel: 毛巾

    明天! 我全身只裹着条浴巾。

    -Karl: We were married 14 years. I know what's under there. Come on.

    under: 在…下面 come on: 说吧

    我们结婚14年了,我知道那下面有些什么,说吧。

    -Susan: I'm not really ready for this. I was going to have a whole speech prepared.

    be ready for: 准备好做… be gong to: 将要 have…prepared: 使...准备好,have加动词被动式:使(在)某方面出现某种状态 speech: 说话,演讲

    我还没准备好。我本来是打算把想说的东西整个准备好的。

    -Karl: Brandi and I have plans tomorrow. I suggest you wing it.

    wing it: 即兴表演

    Brandi和我明天有计划了。我建议你还是即兴发挥吧。

    -Susan: um, okay. Here's the thing, Karl --

    嗯,好吧。是这样的, Karl --

    I was thinking about what happened in the driveway yesterday, and... I-I just don't want to --

    think about: 想,考虑 driveway: 车道

    我在想昨天在车道上发生的事情。我 - 我只是不想--

    I don't want to live like that. I don't want to be that kind of person, and I just thought if the two of us, you know, if we had a nice, calm --

    我不想那样子生活。我不想做那样的人,而且我想如果我们两个,你知道,如果我们能有一个愉快,冷静 –

    -Susan: I need an apology, Karl.

    apology: 道歉

    我要你道歉,Karl。

    -Karl: A what?

    什么?

    -Susan: An apology for the way you ended our marriage. 

    end: 结束 marriage: 婚姻

    要你为这样终止我们婚姻而道歉。

    You never took any responsibility for your behavior.

    responsibility: 责任 behavior: 行为 take responsibility for: 负起对…的责任

    你对于你的行为从来没有负责过。

    -Karl: I don't know what to say, Susan. The heart wants what it wants.

    我不知道该说什么,Susan。一切顺从心意。

    -Susan: What does that mean?

    什么意思?

    -Karl: I fell in love.

    fall in love: 陷入爱河

    我陷入爱河了。

    -Susan: While you were married to someone else.

    be married to: 和...结婚

    在你已经和其他人结婚的时候。

    -Karl: The heart wants what it wants.

    The heart wants what it wants: 我的心想要它想要的

    一切顺从心意。

    -Susan: Yeah, well, my heart wants to hurt you, but I can control myself.

    hurt: 伤害 control: 控制

    是啊,我心里想伤害你,但我能控制自己。

    -Karl: I-I don't want to go back to that ugly place, really, and if you do, I suggest that you get some help.

    go back to: 回去… ugly: 难看的 suggest: 建议

    我 - 我真的不想再回到那种不愉快的境地。如果你想的话,我建议你寻求一些帮助。

    -Susan: You know what? I don't need an apology. I don't need anything from you.

    你知道么?我不需要一个道歉。我不想从你那儿得到任何东西。

    -Karl: You're humiliating yourself.

    humiliate: 使…丢脸,羞辱

    你在羞辱你自己。

    -Susan: No, you're the one who's been humiliated, Karl. Why don't you see that?

    see: 看见,这里指明白,理解。 

    不,被羞辱的人是你,Karl。为什么你不明白呢?

    You walked out on your family. People think you're scum, not me.

    walk out on: 离开,抛弃 scum: 糟粕

    你抛下了自己的妻女。人们会认为你是渣子,而不是我。

    So worry about yourself. I'm okay with me. I can walk down the street and hold my head high.

    worry about: 担心 walk down: 沿…走 hold head high: 扬起头

    所以担心你自己吧,我可很好。我能昂首挺胸地走在街上。


    (故事背景:Susan和Mike参加完Bree的聚会,一起往回走。聚会上Bree羞辱了Rex,大家特别尴尬。)

    -Mike: You think we left too early?

    你觉得我们离开得太早了吗?

    -Susan: I was thinking we left too late.

    我在想我们离开得太晚了。

    -Mike: So is, uh, Rex gone for good?

    for good: 永久 be gone for good: 永久的离开

    那么,Rex是要永久离家了吗?

    -Susan: I don't know. God, I hope not.

    我不知道。天啊,我不希望这样。

    I mean, they've always been wound a little tight, but I've never seen them like that. Then again, who am I to judge?

    always: 一直 wound: wind的过去式 缠绕 a little: 有点 tight: 紧地 like that: 那样地 judge: 评判

    他们的关系总是有点紧张但我从来没见过他们那样。不过话说回来,我哪有资格评论人家呢?

    -Mike: You mean people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw soda cans?

    原句是 people who live in glass houses should not throw stones: 自身有短,勿批他人,这里用soda can因为之前Susan向前夫扔了soda can, 意思与stone一样。

    你的意思是处于类似境地的你不应当评论他人?

    -Susan: Okay, you have got to know that I only get that angry around Karl.

    get: 变得 that: 那么 around: 在…周围

    你要知道我只是对Karl很恼火。

    He just treated me so badly at the end. I haven't been able to get past it.

    treat: 对待 badly: 糟糕地 at the end: 在末尾 be able to: 能,会 get: 使得 past: 过去

    他最后那段时间对我太差了。我无法摆脱那种情绪。

    -Mike: Well, maybe he did you a big favor.

    maybe: 也许 favor: 帮忙

    也许他帮了你一个大忙。

    -Susan: What do you mean?

    什么意思?

    -Mike: Let's look at Karl as a starter marriage -- you know, boot camp. Preparing you for something better next time.

    look at: 审视,看 starter marriage: 仅维持很短时间即告分离的第一次婚姻 boot camp: 新兵训练营 prepare for: 为…做准备 next time: 下次

    让我们把Karl看作是婚姻的起步阶段 --就像,新兵训练营。使你对下一次婚姻有更好的准备。

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:Desperate Housewives S01 E03 Sus

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/wivuzctx.html