美文网首页每天写1000字
跟着卷福学英语(四十三)The Hounds Of Basker

跟着卷福学英语(四十三)The Hounds Of Basker

作者: 刘二傻 | 来源:发表于2016-02-20 22:33 被阅读53次

    S:Well, that was tedious.无聊死了。

    W:You went on the tube like that?你就这德性坐地铁回来的?

    S:None of the cabs would take me.所有出租车司机都拒载。

    S:Nothing?没事发生?

    W:Military coup in Uganda. Another photo of you with their... Well, um, Cabinet reshuffle?乌干达兵变,又有张你戴着那个…好吧,内阁重组?

    S:Oh!别提了。

    S:Nothing of importance? Oh, God! John, I need some. Get me some.就没有重要的事吗?天哪我要疯了。约翰,我需要给我一点。

    W:No.不干

    S:Get me some.快给我一点

    W:No. Cold turkey we agreed, no matter what.不行,说好突然戒断的,绝不妥协。

    S:Anyway, you've paid everyone off, remember?别忘了是你付钱收买他们的。

    W:No-one within a two-mile radius will sell you any.方圆两英里内都不会有人卖给你了。

    S:Stupid idea. Whose idea was that?愚蠢的主意谁出的来着?

    S:Mrs Hudson!赫德森太太

    W:Look, Sherlock, you're doing really well, don't give up now!听着,夏洛克,你都忍到现在了,这会儿放弃多不值得。

    S:Tell me where they are! Please, tell me. Please.告诉我在哪儿,求你告诉我,求你了。

    W:Can't help, sorry.抱歉我帮不了你咯。

    S:I'll let you know next week's lottery numbers. It was worth a try.我告诉你下周彩票中奖号,试试也好死心。

    W:Yoo-hoo.好哟。

    S:My secret supply, what have you done with my secret supply?我的秘密存货,你把我的秘密存货藏哪了?

    Mrs H:Eh?啊?

    S:Cigarettes, what have you done with them?烟,你都拿到哪去了?

    Mrs H:You never let me touch your things! Oh, chance would be a fine thing.你从不许我动你东西的,越找就越找不到哦。

    S:I thought you weren't my housekeeper.我以为你不是我管家呢。

    Mrs H:I'm not.我确实不是呀。

    Mrs H:How about a nice cuppa and perhaps you could put away your harpoon?喝杯茶如何?先把鱼叉放起来。

    S:I need something stronger than tea. Seven percent stronger. You've been to see Mr Chatterjee again.我需要比茶刺激性强7%的东西,你又去过查特吉先生那儿了。

    Mrs H:Pardon?你说啥?

    S:Sandwich shop. That's a new dress, but there's flour on the sleeve. You wouldn't dress like that for baking.三明治店,新衣服但袖口有面粉,你烤东西不会穿这么好。

    W:Sherlock...夏洛克…

    S:Thumbnail. Tiny traces of foil. Been at the scratch cards again. We all know where that leads. Kasbah Nights. Racy for a Monday morning, wouldn't you agree? I wrote a blog on the identification of perfumes on the website. You should look it up!大拇指甲里有箔粉痕迹,又去刮卡了,结果不用说了吧,"皇城之夜"周一早上用这个太挑逗了,你觉得呢?我在博客上写了一篇关于辨别香水的文章,你该去读一读。

    W:Please!行了。

    S:Don't pin your hopes on that cruise with Mr Chatterjee, he's got a wife in Duncaster nobody knows about.别幻想和查特吉先生去乘游轮了,没人知道他在唐克斯特有个老婆。

    Mrs H:Sherlock!夏洛克!

    S:Well, nobody except me.当然了,除了我之外。

    Mrs H:I don't know what you're talking about, I really don't!我真的不知道你在说什么。

    W:What the bloody hell was all that about?你刚才那是要干嘛?

    S:You don't understand.你不懂。

    W:Go after her and apologise.快去跟她道歉。

    S:Apologise?道歉?

    W:Hmm.没错。

    S:Oh, John, I envy you so much.哦约翰我太妒忌你了

    W:You envy me?你妒忌我?

    S:Your mind, it's so placid, straight-forward, barely used. Mine's like an engine, racing out of control. A rocket, tearing itself to pieces, trapped on the launch pad. I need a case!你的头脑多么简单,几乎不转,而我的就像台转速过快的引擎,像被困在发射台上快炸成碎片的火箭。我需要案子。

    W:You've just solved one, by harpooning a dead pig, apparently!你不是刚破了一起吗?显然通过用鱼叉戳死猪。

    S:Oh, that was this morning. When's the next one?那是今天早上了,下一个什么时候才有?

    W:Nothing on the website?网站上没消息吗?

    S:"Dear Mr SherlockHolmes. I can't find Bluebell anywhere. "Please, please, please can youhelp?" 

    "亲爱的夏洛克·福尔摩斯先生""我找不到蓝铃花了,求你啦能帮帮我吗?"

    W:Bluebell?蓝铃花?

    S:A rabbit, John!一只兔子,约翰。

    W:Oh.哦。

    S:Ah, but there's more. Before Bluebell disappeared, it turned luminous. Like a fairy, according to little Kirsty. Then the next morning, Bluebell was gone. Hutch still locked, no sign of a forced entry. What am I saying, this is brilliant! Phone Lestrade. Tell him there's an escaped rabbit.还没完呢,蓝铃花消失前突然发起光来,像小精灵一样,科斯蒂小朋友写道,第二天早上蓝铃花就不见了,笼子锁着,没有强行闯入的痕迹。我在说什么这案子太好了,打电话给雷斯垂德,告诉他有只兔子逃跑了。

    W:Are you serious?你开玩笑呢吧?

    S:It's this or Cluedo.不照办就玩"妙探寻凶"。

    W:Ah, no. We are never playing that again.不干,再也不跟你玩那个了。

    S:Why not?怎么?

    W:It's not possible for the victim to have done it.Sherlock,that's why.不可能是受害人干的,夏洛克。

    S:It was the only possible solution.这是唯一可行的解释啊。

    W:It's not in the rules.规则里没写。

    S:Well, then, therules are wrong!那就是游戏规则错了。

    W:A single ring.只响了一下。

    S:Maximum pressure, just under the half second. Client!用力一按到底,只响了半秒,委托人。

    TV:Dartmoor, it'salways been a place of myth and legend, but is there something else lurking outhere? Something very real. Dartmoor is also home to one the government's mostsecret of operations, the chemical and biological weapons research centre, whichis said to be even more sensitive than Porton Down. Since the end of the SecondWorld War, there have been persistent stories about the Baskervilleexperiments. Genetic mutations, animals grown for the battlefield. There aremany who believe that within this compound, in the heart of this ancientwildness, there are horrors beyond imagining. But the real question is, are allof them still inside?达特沼地一直流传各种神话传说,但是否真有什么潜伏着呢?非常真实的东西,达特沼地也是政府最神秘机构的所在地,生化武器研究中心是比波登当(国防科技实验室)还敏感的名词。二战结束后,坊间一直流传着巴斯克维尔实验的传言,基因突变的,为战场培育的动物,很多人相信,在这排围栏里,在这片古老的荒野中有难以想象的恐怖事件发生,但更重要的问题是,是否有些已踏入外面的世界?

    H:I was just a kid. Itwas on the moor. It was dark, but I know what I saw. I know what killed myfather. 我那时还只是个孩子,就发生在沼地上,天很黑但我知道看见了什么,我知道是什么杀了我父亲。

    S:What did you see?你看见了什么?

    H:Oh, I was just about to say.我后面正要说呢。

    S:Yes, in a TV interview. I prefer to do my own editing.那是电视采访,我喜欢听未剪辑版

    H:Yes. Sorry, yes, of course. Excuse me.对哦,抱歉。

    S:In your own time. But quite quickly.不着急但还是快点

    H:Do you know Dartmoor, Mr Holmes?您知道达特沼地吗?福尔摩斯先生?

    S:No.不知道。

    H:It's an amazing place, it's like nowhere else, it's sort of bleak, but beautiful.美丽的地方,独一无二,有些荒凉,但是很美。

    S:Hm, not interested. Moving on.不感兴趣,继续。

    H:We used to go for walks, after my mum died, my dad and me. Every evening, we'd go out onto the moor.母亲去世之后,我和父亲经常去散步。每天晚上走去沼地。

    S:Good. Skipping to the night that your dad was violently killed, where did that happen?好吧快进到你父亲被残杀那天晚上发生在哪里?

    H:There's a place, it's a sort of local landmark, called Dewer's Hollow. That's an ancient name for the devil.有这么个地方,算是当地地标,叫恶魔谷。德沃是恶魔的古名。

    S:So? 所以呢?

    W:Did you see the devil that night?你那晚上看到恶魔了吗?

    H:Yes.是的。

    H:It was huge. Coal-black fur with red eyes. It got him. Tore at him, tore him apart. I can't remember anything else. They found me the next morning, just wandering on the moor. My dad's body was never found.体型巨大,皮毛乌黑,双目血红,它把他扑倒在地,不停撕咬,将他撕碎,我只记得这些了,他们第二天早上发现我在沼地游荡,爸爸的尸体至今未找到。

    W:Red eyes, coal-blackfur, enormous... A dog? Wolf? Or a genetic experiment.双目血红毛发乌黑庞大...狗?狼?或是基因实验品。

    H:Are you laughing at me, Mr Holmes?你在笑我吗?福尔摩斯先生?

    S:Why, are you joking?怎么你说笑话了?

    H:My dad was always going on about the things they were doing at Baskerville. About the type of monsters they were breeding there. People used to laugh at him. At least the TV people took me seriously.我父亲一直跟我讲,他们在巴斯克维尔做的事情,告诉我他们培育的怪兽,人们总是笑话他,至少电视台的人认真对待我。

    S:And I assume did wonders for Devon tourism.我猜也是德文郡旅游业的福音吧。

    W:Henry, whatever didhappen to your father,it was 20 yearsago. 亨利,不管你父亲有怎样的遭遇都是20年以前的事了。

    S:Why come to us now?怎么现在来找我们呢?

    H:Not sure you canhelp me, Mr Holmes, since you find it all so funny! 你大概帮不了我,福尔摩斯先生,既然你觉得整件事很可笑。

    S:Because of what happened last night.因为昨晚发生的事。

    W:Why, what happened last night?怎么昨晚发生什么事了?

    H:How... How do you know?你...怎么知道?

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:跟着卷福学英语(四十三)The Hounds Of Basker

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/bdnmkttx.html