1、這是最好的時代,也是最壞的時代;
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times;
這是智慧的時代,也是愚蠢的時代;
it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness;
這是信仰的時代,也是懷疑的時代;
it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity;
這是光明的季節,也是黑暗的季節;
it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness;
這是希望的春天,也是絕望的冬天;
it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair;
我們什麼都有,也什麼都沒有;
we had everything before us, we had nothing before us;
我們正走向天堂之路,也正走向地獄之門。
we were all going direct to Heaven,
we were all going direct the other way.
– Charles Dickens 狄更斯
2、 切勿對已經敞開心胸的人閉上雙唇。
Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.-Charles Dickens
3、世界上沒有比笑聲、幽默感更具有感染力。《小氣財神》
There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.-《A Christmas Carol》
4、我愛她是違背常理,是妨礙前程,是失去自治,是希望破滅,是斷送幸福,是注定要嘗盡一切的沮喪和失望的。可是,一旦愛上了她,我再也不能不愛她。《遠大前程》
I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be. Once for all-《Good Expectations》
5、苦難是最好的老師,教導我們了解自我的內心,雖然受到磨練與心碎,但我相信會讓自己變成更好狀態。- Charles Dickens 狄更斯
Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.
6、有些書最好的部份僅止於封面與書背。-《孤雛淚 Oliver twist》
There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.
7、 我們都正走向天堂之路,也通往地獄之門。
we were all going directly to Heaven, we were all going the other way.
8、永不澆熄的熱情、永不倦怠的狀態、勇於嘗試不怕受傷。
Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
9、 每個人都有屬於自己的秘密,是別人無法理解的。
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
10、 在這世界上能為他人減輕負擔的都是有用的人。
No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.
11、 我現在做的遠比我所做過的一切都還要美好,我將獲得的休息,遠比我所知道的一切都甜蜜。-《雙城記》
It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known. – 《A Tale of Two Cities》
(這是我一生中最樂意做的事, 這裡是我最好的安息之所。)
12、 這輩子有很多個日子,值得為之而活,也值得為之而死。-《我們共同的好朋友》
And O there are days in this life, worth life and worth death. -《Our Mutual Friend》
13、你是我靈魂最終的夢想。-《雙城記》
You have been the last dream of my soul.- 《A Tale of Two Cities》
我希望你知道你是我靈魂的最終的夢想。
I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul.
14、別發問,就不用聽謊話。(少打聽就不會聽到假話。)
Ask no questions, and you’ll be told no lies.
15、我的意思不過是說,我這一生無論做什麼,總是全心全意去做,無論我投身做什麼,總是完完全全投入。事無巨細,我都認真到底。我從不相信,任何先天或後天的才能可以不需堅定、坦誠和努力的品質而獲成功。世上沒有那樣的成功。-《大衛科波菲爾》
My meaning simply is, that whatever I have tried to do in life, I have tried with all my heart to do well; that whatever I have devoted myself to, I have devoted myself to completely; that in great aims and in small, I have always been thoroughly in earnest.I have never believed it possible that any natural or improved ability can claim immunity from the companionship of the steady, plain, hard-working qualities, and hope to gain its end. There is no such thing as such fulfilment on this earth. -《David Copperfield》
16、我讀過的每一行字裡都有你。-《遠大前程》
You are in every line I have ever read.-《Good Expectations》
17、我希望你總得先從平凡的學者做起,這樣你才能成為一個不平凡的學者!—— 狄更斯 《遠大前程》
18、我有個原則:想到要做一件事,就一定要做到,而且要做得徹底。《遠大前程》
19、機會不會上門來找人,只有人去找機會。《遠大前程》
Opportunity will not come to the people, only people to look for opportunities.
20、世界上形形色色的騙子,比起自己騙自己、自我欺騙的人來說,實在算不上一回事。《遠大前程》
All kinds of deceiver in the world are not the same as those who deceive themselves.
网友评论