点击查看音频
But if the officials were brutally honest, they would say: "Of all the people in the world who died today from preventable causes, one half of one percent of them were on this plane. We’re determined to do everything possible to solve the problem that took the lives of the one half of one percent."
但是如果那些官员敢说真话,他们就会说:“在今天这一天,全世界所有可以避免的死亡之中,只有0.5%的死者来自于这次空难。我们决心尽一切努力,调查这个0.5%的死亡原因。”
The bigger problem is not the plane crash, but the millions of preventable deaths.
显然,更重要的问题不是这次空难,而是其他几百万可以预防的死亡事件。
We don’t read much about these deaths. The media covers what’s new – and millions of people dying is nothing new. So it stays in the background, where it’s easier to ignore. But even when we do see it or read about it, it’s difficult to keep our eyes on the problem. It’s hard to look at suffering if the situation is so complex that we don’t know how to help. And so we look away.
我们并没有很多机会了解那些死亡事件。媒体总是报告新闻,几百万人将要死去并非新闻。如果没有人报道,那么这些事件就很容易被忽视。另一方面,即使 我们确实目睹了事件本身或者看到了相关报道,我们也很难持续关注这些事件。看着他人受苦是令人痛苦的,何况问题又如此复杂,我们根本不知道如何去帮助他 人。所以我们会将脸转过去。
be determined to do
下决心做...
1.He was determined to learn English well.
他决心学好英语。
2.I am determined to get the work done before mid-night.
我决心在午夜前把工作做完。
3.I am determined to delay no more.
我下决心不再拖延。
it’s easier to do ...
做....更容易些
1.It's easier to find jobs after the Spring Festival
春节过后更容易找到工作。
2.It's easier to learn a foreign language when you visit the country.
当你来到那个国家,学习它的语言就会更容易。
3.It 's easier to be success if you are the "rich second generation"
如果你是“富二代”,那就更容易成功了。
so + adj + that
如此... 以至于
1.You're so beautiful that you made me forget my pickup line.
你这么漂亮我都忘了我的搭讪词了。
2.I'm so lucky that I met you, my dear friends.
我很高兴遇到了你们,我的朋友。
3.The bed was so hard that I could not sleep.
这个床太硬了,我睡不着。
keep sb's eyes on ...
把某人的眼睛
- I must keep my eyes on my son all the time in public places
在公共场合我必须时刻关注我的儿子。
2.Keep your eyes on the road, not the steering wheel!
看路,别看方向盘!
3.Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.
看事物的眼光要高远,做事情要脚踏实地。
网友评论