美文网首页我的大学英语点滴
奔腾吧,后浪!—刷爆朋友圈的《后浪》英文版来了!

奔腾吧,后浪!—刷爆朋友圈的《后浪》英文版来了!

作者: Yiliayan_ | 来源:发表于2020-05-05 18:12 被阅读0次

《后浪》

Rising Waves

那些口口声声“一代不如一代”的人,

Those who speculate about “humanity further doomed generation after generation”

应该看着你们,

should take you into observation

像我一样,

like I am now

我看着你们,满怀羡慕。

eyeing you, admirable:

人类积攒了几千年的财富,

All the wealth, lore, insight, wisdom and art

所有的知识、见识、智慧和艺术,

having been mushrooming in human history for thousands of years

像是专门为你们准备的礼物;

seem to be the prepared gifts for you;

科技繁荣、文化繁茂、城市繁华,

the booms in science, technology, culture, and urbanity,

现代文明的成果被层层打开,

the fruits of modern civilization are being peeled off

可以尽情享用。

for you to relish.

自由学习一门语言、学习一门手艺、

You can learn any language or any craft that suits your interest;

欣赏一部电影、去遥远的地方旅行。

you can savor a film or embark on a journey to somewhere remote.

很多人,从小你们就在自由探索自己的兴趣;

Many of you since childhood have been exploring your interest freely;

很多人在童年就进入了不惑之年;

even many of you in childhood sensed your sensitivity fade into sensibility,

不惑于自己喜欢什么,不喜欢什么。

no longer bemused by what you like and dislike. 

人与人之间的壁垒被打破,

All barriers among humans are dismantled:

你们只凭相同的爱好,

Only by virtue of the same hobbies, can

就能结交千万个值得干杯的朋友,

you befriend droves of strangers who are willing to share your sorrow and joy. 

你们拥有了,

What you possess

我们曾经梦寐以求的权利——选择的权利;

is what we used to yearn for — the freedom of choice;

你所热爱的就是你的生活。

what grasps your passion is your life.

你们有幸遇见这样的时代,

You are blessed to dwell in such an epoch,

但是时代更有幸遇见这样的你们。

which in return is more fortunate to embrace you.

我看着你们,满怀敬意。

I’m gazing at you, respectful.

向你们的专业态度致敬,

My homage is vented to your adroitness,

你们正在把传统的变成现代的,

for you are turning something from traditional to modern,

把经典的变成流行的;

from classic to popular;

把学术的变成大众的,

from scholarly to public,

把民族的变成世界的;

from national to global;

你们把自己的热爱

you are forging your own passion and aspiration

变成了一个和成千上万的人分享快乐的事业,

into a happy enterprise that can be shared by tens of thousands of people.

向你们的自信致敬。

My homage is registered here to your confidence.

弱小的人,才习惯嘲讽与否定;

The vulnerable are wont to jeer and smear;

内心强大的人,从不吝啬赞美与鼓励。

the strong are always generous in praise and encouragement.

向你们的大气致敬,

My homage is also paid to your generosity.

小人同而不和,

The wicked are always disagreeing to agree

君子美美与共,和而不同。

while the gentle are happy to see a diversification of differing views, agreeing to disagree. 

更年轻的身体,容得下更多元的文化、审美和价值观。

A younger soul allows for more diverse cultures, aesthetics, and values. 

有一天我终于发现,

One day, an epiphany struck me:

不只是我们在教你们如何生活,

It’s not simply that we have been teaching you how to live your life,

你们也在启发我们,怎样去更好地生活。

but also that you have been updating our ways to live a better life. 

那些抱怨“一代不如一代”的人,

Those who speculate about “humanity further doomed generation after generation”

应该看看你们,

should take you into observation,

就像我一样,

just like I am now,

我看着你们,满怀感激;

viewing you, grateful;

因为你们,这个世界会更喜欢中国,

thanks to you, the world is growing fonder of China,

因为一个国家最好看的风景,

for the best view of a country

就是这个国家的年轻人。

rests just upon the youth who inhabit it.

因为你们,

Because of you,

这世上的小说、音乐、电影所表现的青春,

the youth represented by novels, melodies, and movies on Earth

就不再是忧伤迷茫,

will be defined not by sadness or loss in any guise whatsoever,

而是善良、勇敢、无私、无所畏惧。

but by kindness, courage, selflessness, and dauntlessness withal.

是心里有火,眼里有光。

Youth will see fire in your heart, and light in your eyes.

不用活成我们想象中的样子,

Never should you lead a life as we’ve envisioned,

我们这一代人的想象力

for our imagination is too meager

不足以想象你们的未来;

to tell what your future will look like.

如果你们依然需要我们的祝福,

If you still expect best wishes from us,

那么,

then we’re happy to hearten you:

奔涌吧,后浪,

Please surge, rising waves!

我们在同一条奔涌的河流。

We are all in the same surging river!

注释

标题Rising Waves暗含过程性动态哲学思维。Rising一词强调浪花涌起的动作过程。中文原词中不管是“后”浪还是“前”浪,侧重时间先后顺序,强调结果状态,是结束性静态哲学思维。什么年龄段算是青年人?联合国世界卫生组织认为,44岁以下为青年人,45岁至59岁为中年人。随着我国乃至全球人均寿命不断增长,在中年人甚至更年长的人心中,势必对青年这一概念有着另一方解读。他们始终还驻守着一颗年轻的心,认为自己或许不是前浪,也不会甘心作为前浪而被后浪拍死在沙滩上。所以,他们时刻准备着汹涌,准备rising奋起拼搏,而不是甘心于falling沉沦。译文如此处理也间接避免了原中文演讲词中一些歧义和不足之处,比如贬低前浪之嫌和过度强调精英主义思想等。

翻译:许景城(广东外语外贸大学英文学院,英国班戈大学英语文学院),来源于英语世界

更多英语学习知识,欢迎关注公众号:顿悟时刻EM

相关文章

  • 奔腾吧,后浪!—刷爆朋友圈的《后浪》英文版来了!

    《后浪》 Rising Waves 那些口口声声“一代不如一代”的人, Those who speculate a...

  • 创业者永远都是后浪

    奔涌吧,后浪! 《表达自我,拥抱世界》 何冰的演讲今天刷遍了朋友圈。 谁是后浪? 读书的人是后浪! 创业的人是后浪...

  • 5月4日

    今天是五四青年节,B站后浪视频刷爆朋友圈,可以说B站确实是很会做营销。前有跨年晚会,后有后浪,抓住年轻群体。看完后...

  • 要啥自行车——后疫情时代的浪花们应该飘向何方

    前一阵儿,何冰老师的后浪演讲刷爆了网络,朋友圈里一片赞誉之声。几分钟的演讲,大气庄重,每一个后浪都有权利决定自己的...

  • 后浪们,感恩、珍惜、拥抱这个时代

    最近,B站的一则短片刷爆了朋友圈,《后浪,B站献给新一代的演讲》。 很燃。 我知道,一定有很多后浪一样,很看完后很...

  • 跑赢不确定的人生

    2020年五四青年节,B站的演讲《后浪》刷爆网络,这个世界有你们,也有我们,还有他们,年轻一代的人,就像后浪,推动...

  • 母与子 || 奔腾的后浪

    逗比母子,日常互怼; 你来我往,生活趣味! 01 两张脸 前几天晚饭后去散步,站在桥头等朋友。抬头看见天上的云很特...

  • 雁君丨阿彬

    (文章原创,文责自负。) 前年的五四青年节,bilibili献给新一代的演讲视频《后浪》,刷爆微信朋友圈。 ...

  • 跟优质偶像王一博学做职业生涯规划

    今天,木木那颗平静已久的心被燃爆小破站、刷爆朋友圈、吹爆全网的《后浪》再次点燃。这真的是多年来难得让我有深深触动的...

  • 青年节—纪事

    从昨天晚上开始,朋友圈就开始被B站的《后浪》刷爆了,迅速产生了共鸣,是刻意的证明什么?还是为了平反什么? ...

网友评论

    本文标题:奔腾吧,后浪!—刷爆朋友圈的《后浪》英文版来了!

    本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/oqcvghtx.html