Mother, What do You Want

作者: 草木识小 | 来源:发表于2021-03-09 20:42 被阅读0次

    Imagine, Mother, that you are to stay at home and I am to travel into strange lands.

    妈妈,让我们想象,你待在家里,我要到异邦去旅行。

    Imagine that my boat is ready at the landing fully laden.

    再想象,我的船已经装得满满的在码头上等候启航。

    Now think well, Mother, before you say what I shall bring for you when I come back.

    现在,妈妈,好好想想再告诉我,回来的时候我要带些什么给你。

    Mother, do you want heaps and heaps of gold?

    妈妈,你要一堆一堆的黄金么?

    There, by the banks of golden streams, fields are full of golden harvest.

    在金河的两岸,田野里满是金色的稻谷。

    And in the shade of the forest path the golden champa flowers drop on the ground.

    在林荫路上,金色花一朵一朵飘落在地上。

    I will gather them all for you in many hundred baskets.

    我要为你把它们全都收集起来,放在好几百个篮子里。

    Mother, do you want pearls as big as the raindrops of autumn?

    妈妈,你要秋天的雨点般大的珍珠么?

    I shall cross to the pearl island shore.

    我要渡海到珍珠岛的岸上去。

    There in the early morning light,pearls tremble on the meadow flowers, drop on the grass, and are scattered on the sand in spray by the wild sea-waves.

    那个地方,在清晨的曙光里,珍珠在草地的野花上颤动,落在绿草上,被汹涌的海浪一大把一大把地撒在沙滩上。

    My brother shall have a pair of horses with rings to fly among the clouds.

    我的弟弟呢,我要送他一对长翅膀的马,会在云端里飞翔。

    For Father I shall bring a magic pen that, without his knowing, will write by itself.

    爸爸呢,我要带一支有魔力的笔给他,他还没有察觉时,笔就自己写出字来了。

    For you, Mother, I must have the casket and jewel that cost seven kings of their kingdoms.

    你呢,妈妈,我一定要把那个值七个国王的首饰箱和珠宝送给你。

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:Mother, What do You Want

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/plibqltx.html