美文网首页每天写1000字
跟着卷福学英语(五十二)

跟着卷福学英语(五十二)

作者: 刘二傻 | 来源:发表于2016-03-13 13:32 被阅读66次

    前景提要:卷福和华生越来越备受瞩目,此时,莫利亚蒂又出来做怪了...... 

    W:Ready?准备好了?

    S:Yes.好了。

    J:Mr Holmes. Mr Holmes.福尔摩斯先生。

    P:Stand back. Stand back.退后,退后。

    W:Remember…记住…

    S:Yes.知道。

    W:Remember what they told you. Don’t try to be clever.记住他们告诉你的话,别耍小聪明。

    S:No.不要。

    W:Please, just keep it simple and brief.拜托你,简单明了好不好。

    S:God forbid the star witness at the trial should come across intelligent.难道上庭的明星证人就不能才智超群吗?

    W:Intelligent, fine. Let’s give “Smart-arse” a wide berth.才智可以,你那天才欠揍性格就免了。

    S:I’ll just be myself.我该怎么样还怎样。

    W:Are you listening to me?你有没有听我说?

    H A:Today, outside the Old Bailey…就在今天,在中央刑事法庭外…

    H B:This is the trial of the century…这场审判是世纪…

    H C:The trial of James Moriaty…对金姆斯.莫利亚蒂的审判…

    M:Would you mind slipping your hand into my pocket?Thanks.你介意把手伸到我的口袋里吗?谢谢。

    Crown Moriaty please proceed to Court 10.莫利亚蒂王冠偷窃案请前往第10法庭。

    Woman A:You’re him.是你。

    S:Wrong toilet.进错厕所了。

    Woman A:I’m a big fan.我是你的超级粉丝。

    S:Evidently.显而易见。

    Woman A:I read your cases, follow them all. Sign my shirt, would you?我读了你那些案子,一直在追,在我衬衫上签个名好吗?

    S:There are two types of fans. Catch me before I kill again, Type A.我的粉丝分两种,一是有本事在我再杀人前抓住我。

    Woman A:What’s Type B?第二种呢?

    S:Your bedroom’s just a taxi ride away.打个出租就到我家了。

    Woman A:Guess which one I am?你猜我是哪种?

    S:Neither.都不是。

    Woman A:Really?是吗?

    S:No, you’re not a fan at all. Those marks on your forearm, edge of a desk. You’ve been typing in a hury, probably pressure on, facing a deadline.你根本不是粉丝,你前臂上的压痕是在桌子边缘压的,大概是匆忙打字造成的,截稿时间到了,压力巨大。

    Woman A:That’s all?就这些?

    S:There’s smudge of ink on you wrist, a bulge in your left jacket pocket.你的手腕有墨迹,上衣口袋鼓起。

    Woman A:Bit of a giveaway?这就露馅了?

    S:The smudge is deliberate, to see if I’m as good as they say I am. Oil-based, used in newspaper print. But drawn on with an index finger, your finger. Journalist. Unlikely you get your hands dirty at the press. You put that there to test me.那污点是故意弄的,你想看看我是不是像别人说的那么厉害。油墨,报纸印刷用的。不过是用食指涂抹的,你的手指。作为记者,你不太可能在报社沾到油墨。你抹在那里是试探我。

    Woman A:I’m liking you.我开始喜欢你了。

    S:You may like a great feature, ”Sherlock Holmes, the man beneath the hat.”能那我写篇好专题吧《夏洛克.福尔摩斯帽檐下的真相》。

    Woman A:Kitty…Riley. Pleased to meet you.姬蒂…莱利。很高兴见到你。

    S:Nah, I’m just saving you the trouble of asking. No, I won’t give youan interview. No, I don’t want the money.不,我还是帮你免了这一问吧。不,我不接受采访。不,我也不需要钱。

    Woman A:You and John Watson, just platonic?Can I put you down for a “No” there as well. There’s all sorts of gossip in the press about you. Sooner or later, you’re going to need someone on your side. Someone to set the record straight.你和约翰.华生只是精神伴侣吗?我能否在这个问题上也记下个“不”字。新闻界有你们各种各样的绯闻。迟早你会需要个和你同一战线的人。一个帮你澄清留言的人。

    S:You think you’re the girl for that job, do you?你以为你能完成这种工作吗?

    Woman A:I’m smart and you can trust me…totally.我很聪明,你可以信任我,完全信任。

    S:Smart?OK, investigative journalist. Good. Well, look at me and tell me what you see. If you’re that skillful, you don’t need an interview, you can just read what you need. No?OK, my turn.聪明?好吧,调查型记者。很好,看着我说出你看到什么?如果你能力出众,你根本不需要采访,你可以直接读到你要的一切。做不到吗?还是我来吧。

    S:I look at you and I see someone who’s still waiting for their first big scoop, so their editor will notice them. You’re wearing an expensive skirt, that’s been rehemmed twice. Only posh skirt you’ve got. Your nails, you can’t afford to do them that often. I see someone who’s hungry, I don’t see trustworthy. I’ll give you a quote. If you like. There little words. You repel me.我看你仍在寻找职业生涯第一份独家新闻,以得到编辑的关注。你穿了条昂贵的裙子,还改过两次裙边。这是你仅有的高档裙子。你的指甲,你没钱经常保养。我看到了一个欲望强烈的人,我看到的不是聪明,当然更不是可靠。我给你句引语吧,五个字,你叫我恶心。

    真正的审判才刚刚开始

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:跟着卷福学英语(五十二)

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/qvlxlttx.html