Unlock Your Infinite Possibility

作者: 橙弗弗 | 来源:发表于2020-04-15 11:08 被阅读0次

    “你看你手小、脚小,以后怎么养活自己?”

    “你是个白痴吧?”

    “你真笨”

    ……

    小时候听到的这些话,我至今都没有忘记。当时年纪小,听到这些无法理解,只是从别人的态度和行为,感觉到我不好、我很差、我不被接受。

    You're stupid 你真蠢   

    You're dumb 你真笨

    You'll never amount to anything 你将永远一事无成

    And I was 8 .Honestly, I didn't know how to process that. 当时我只有8岁。老实说,我不懂怎么消化那些信息

    I begin to believe lies about who I was and how I fit into the world. 我开始相信自己就是这样的人,相信自己终将一事无成

    My dad was my hero 我的父亲是我的英雄

    He was the kind of man that you wanted to be your best for. 他让你想要成为最好的自己

    And I felt in his shadow, I could do or be anything,And I felt loved and accepted.我感觉在他的庇护下我可以成就任何事情,我也感受到被爱于被包容

    I remember the night, that the priest from the local parish came and knocked on our door at night.

    I remember because I remember the sound that my mom made.  这一幕之所以历历在目因为我记得母亲悲痛的声音

    And it still haunts me to this day, it was a shriek, a horror. 那充满恐惧感的尖叫声至今在我心中挥之不去

    Because all of a sudden, our world completely turned inside out, literally in one day. 忽然一夜之间,我们的世界整个都变了样

    What happened within a year is mom remarried, mostly out of necessity . 接着的一年内,我母亲改嫁了,主要是因为生活上的需求

    And the man that she hooked up with,  he wasn't anything like my father at all. 与她交往的那个男人,他一点也不像我的父亲

    In fact, he couldn't have been more opposite to my dad, he was a violent, abusive alcoholic . 事实上,他和我父亲的性格有着天壤之别

    And so I went from a message of , "You're loved"  and "You can do and be anything"  to “You're stupid” “You're dumb” “You'll never amount to anything” 所以我接收的信息从 “你是被爱着的”,“你可以做成任何事情” 变成了“你真蠢”“你真笨”“你将永远一事无成”

    And I was 8 .Honestly, I didn't know how to process that. 当时我只有8岁。老实说,我不懂怎么消化那些信息

    I begin to believe lies about who I was and how I fit into the world. 我开始相信自己就是这样的人,相信自己终将一事无成

    By the time I was 15 years old, I was non-compliant at home.在我15岁那一年,我变得叛逆

    I grew an extra two feet which was really good for me,but not so good for my stepfather.  我长高了两尺,对我来说是一件好事,但对我继父来说并非如此

    And so, there was a lot of tension between hime and I, and he paid the bills, so I had to go. 我们之间处于非常紧绷的关系,因为家里他说了算,所以我只能离家出走

    At 15 years old, I was on my own.  那一年15岁的我,只能靠自己为生

    At 16 years old, I began getting in trouble with the legal system. 16岁那一年,我因为犯罪惹上了麻烦

    I remember going back out to the street, completely broken as a  human being, walking up East Hastings  with the pouring rain. 我记得当我从监狱回到街上时,内心完全支离破碎,我淋着雨沿着东黑斯廷斯路上走去

    And I said myself , "How did I get here? I'm a good kid from a good family. How did I end up in this much trouble ? "我问我自己“我到底是怎么了?我是来自美满家庭的乖孩子。我是怎么走到今天这步田地?”

    What ended up happening is , I remember the day, it was a beautiful sunny day, just like today. 后来发生的是,我记得这一天,是个美丽晴朗的一天,就像今天一样

    See, back in those  days  I was a liar, a thief , cheat and a mooch.  你看,过去的那些日子,我是个骗子、小偷、蠢蛋

    And I sidled up beside this guy  sitting at a bus stop, named Gus, because he had a cigarette and he gave me a cigarette .  我坐在公交车站的一个家伙的旁边,他名字叫Gus ,因为他有支香烟,他给了我支香烟

    He was a really nice guy, and he gave me a couple bucks too, but he gave me something more.  他真是个好人,也给我几块钱,但他给我的不止这些。

    The entire time, I was sitting there,  talking to him 我坐在那里和他聊了半天

    Gus said to me ,he says,"You know Joe? There's more to you than you can see  " Gus 对我说“Joe, 你知道吗?你的能力远远不止如此  ”

    He said "But life is ,you know,  it's kind of dirtied your windows  and  so the light doesn't get in , and your light doesn't get out. "  但是生活,他把你的窗口弄脏了,所以外面的光无法照射进来,而你的光芒也无法照射出去。

    He says,"If you were ever get yourself , clean and sober , you could go on and do extraordinary things, because you're a real bright guy. "  如果有天你能够让自己清醒过来,你将创造不同凡响的人生,因为你是个聪明人

    I remember when he was talking to me, and he was speaking his truth into my life. I was looking over my shoulder for someone else, because what stood before him, did not align with his words.  我记得当时他说这番话,一语道破天机的时候,我还转头看看身后是否有其他人,因为站在他面前的这个人(我),与他所描述的事情完全不符

    But he said to me ,"There's more to you than you can see." 你的能力远远不止如此

    I remember my heart absolutely sank. 我记得那一刹那,我的心彻底沉下去了

    For years of my life,  I didn't take accountability for my own actions.  在我生命中许多年来, 我并没有对我的行为负责任

    I blamed society, I blamed my stepfather, I blamed everybody else except me, and that kept me from actually  taking responsibility for my own behavior in my own life. 我责怪社会,责怪我的继父,除了我自己,这种心理能够让我逃避 对自己的行为、对自己的人生负起责任

    I deflected it , but  on that moment, the miracle happened for me, and the miracle was that,  I became teachable,  I became pliable , and I became willing to do just about anything.  我将矛头都指向其他人,但在那一刻,奇迹发生了,这个奇迹就是 我开始虚心受教,我开始变的有弹性,我开始愿意去尝试一切

    One of the things that I know today is that discontentment is the catalyst of change.  我今天所学会的是,对现状不满,是改变的催化剂

    And what I mean by that is , often times, not until we're backed into a corner where we become teachable, where we become willing to do something different. 我的意思是,一般情况下,直到我们被逼入绝境时,我们才会虚心受教,才会愿意做不同的事情

    But you see, possibility always exists. 但是你看,可能性它一直存在

    It never goes away,  it's always present.  它从来没离开过,它一直都在

    Even at my lowest point, I'm on the 100 block of East Hastings, the possibility of transformation was there.  就算在我最低谷的时候,在东黑斯廷斯的百条街区里,人生转变的可能性一直都在。

    You never know how far you could go until you absolutely empty the tank.  你从不知道自己能走的多远,直到你山穷水尽

    I believe that the tragedy of life is not that it ends too soon,  but that we wait too long to begin. 我认为人生可悲之处,不在于人生太快结束,而是 我们等候太久才开始

    Because we're afraid, that each one of us in our own way , have our lives colored by barriers ,they're self-imposed, they simply reside between our ears.    因为我们感到害怕,我们每一个人,以各种方式为自己的人生设限,这些声音躲在你的脑袋里

    They're not true, it's an illusion.可它们都只是幻觉

    But we let that illusion keep us back.但我们却让这些幻觉阻止自己前进

    And I started to flower, I started to come out and I started to do incredibly well.    后来我开始迅速成长,开始踏出去,开始做出不同凡响的成就

    I went from a kid, pushing a shopping cart around the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver, to be on the cover of Canadian Business.我从一个在温哥华市中心东端的捡破烂的小屁孩,转身成为《加拿大商业杂志》封面人物

    Because inside every single one of us is infinite possibility. 因为在我们每个人身上都蕴藏着无限的潜力

    Speaker:Joe Robets

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:Unlock Your Infinite Possibility

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/vbshmhtx.html