美文网首页English BootCamp英语训练营英语点滴英语学习教程
每日精读学习表达——I had a black dog, his

每日精读学习表达——I had a black dog, his

作者: 一个自认为很有思想的小毛孩 | 来源:发表于2019-08-26 19:07 被阅读4次
    Black dog could make me think or say negative things.
    黑狗让我消极的思考和言谈。

    negative  adj. 消极的;悲观的

    If someone is negative or has a negative attitude, they consider only the bad aspects of a situation, rather than the good ones.(如果某人悲观的或对事物持消极的的态度,他们认为情况只有不如人意的方面,而不去往好的想。)

    When asked for your views about your current job, on no account must you be negative about it.

    被问及你对自己目前工作的看法时,无论如何不要流露出消极情绪。

    He could  make me irritable and difficult to be around.
    它让我烦躁不安,难于相处。

    irritable  adj.  易怒的;急躁的

    If you are irritable, you are easily annoyed. (通常某人会因某事持续或不断发生感到irritated。如果某人常常发脾气,则可用irritable形容。)

    He had been waiting for over an hour and was beginning to feel irritable. 

    他已经等了一个多小时,开始变得急躁了。

    “difficult  to be around.”描述一个人难以相处,不好接近可以这样表达。

    My new colleague is strange man and hard to be around.

    我的新同事是一个奇怪的家伙,而且不那么好相处。

    既然有“hard to be around”,那是不是就有“easy to be around”?

    He could take my love and bury my intimacy.
    它夺走了我的爱,埋藏了我的温情。

    bury  v.  掩藏(感情);抛开(记忆)

    If you bury a feeling, you try not to show it. If you bury a memory, you try to forget it.

    When we feel anger, we bury the emotion and feel guilty instead.

    当我们感到愤怒时,压抑这种情绪反而会觉得内疚。

    “bury”也用作埋葬人或或埋藏物。

    intimacy  n.  亲密;密切

    Intimacy between two people is a very close personal relationship between them.(两人之间非常亲密的私人关系)

    A means of achieving intimacy with another person. 

    与别人建立亲密关系的途径。

    文中指的是里面的忧郁症患者和他妻子的关系被“黑狗”搅得,你懂的。


    you can learn everything,

                                Ted  out.



    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:每日精读学习表达——I had a black dog, his

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/vhndectx.html