Scene 6 Phil & Claire
- Often people question ... 人们常常质疑...
-Often people question realtors' sincerity. 人们通常会质疑房产经纪人的诚实度。 - Take umbrage. 生气.
-take umbrage (at sth)
- you will notice just tons of natural light, so that's great. 注意nature natural n. & a. 发音区别.
-natural /'nætʃ(ə)r(ə)l/ /'nætʃrəl/
-nature /'neɪtʃə/ /'netʃɚ/ - And when I believe, you believe.
-I这里重读强调,不与前面的when做连读.
- Take umbrage. 生气.
-take umbrage (at sth) - Weird, squiggly painting not included. 请忽略这幅诡异的弯弯曲曲的画.
-squiggle /'skwɪgli/ a. 弯弯曲曲的. - built-in a. 嵌入的. custom built-in 客户定制.
- But I'm just not sure how kid-friendly it is, 只是我不确定这是否适合孩子居住.
-n.-friendly 构成a. 表示适合名词这类人使用.
eg. customer-friendly banking facilities. - patio /'pætɪəʊ/ n. 天井; 露台.
- he's gonna drink your milk shake. 他要把你们拍死在沙滩上了.
-milk shake 奶昔冰淇淋.
What does it take to make a great salesman? 如何成为一名好的推销员
It's no big secret. 其实没什么窍门
You just follow the ABC's of salesmanship: Always Be Closing. 只要遵从销售的基本法则 "一定要成交"
Don't ever forget 永远不要忘记
great home ideas just keep lurking, mostly nearby. 好的房屋卖点就藏在你身边
Often people question realtors' sincerity. 人们通常会质疑房产经纪人的诚实度
Take umbrage. Violators will-你马上装作生气 冒犯者就会
Oh, shoot. X-X-糟了 什么词是X开头的...
And this is the great room, 这间屋子真心棒
although "Great" hardly seems to do a room like this justice. 即使"棒"这个词已经配不上这间屋了
Weird, squiggly painting not included. 请忽略这幅诡异的弯弯曲曲的画
-I actually love it. -I do too. -其实我挺喜欢这画的 -我也喜欢
It's really beautiful. 真美
Um, all custom built-ins, and you will notice just-橱柜都是定制内嵌的 你会发现
just tons of natural light, so that's great. 房子采光充足 多好啊
Did I need the sale? Yes. 我想做成这笔生意吗 当然想
Was I worried? No. 但我为之担心吗 当然不
Why? Because. Because why? 为啥 因为 因为啥呢
Because I won't sell anything I don't believe in. 因为我不会推销我不相信的东西
And when I believe, you believe. 当我信了 你也会信的
I could sell a fur coat to an Eskimo. 我能把皮毛大衣卖给一个爱斯基摩人
Yeah, Phil, I'm sorry. It's a beautiful house. 菲尔 很抱歉 这个房子很漂亮
But I'm just not sure how kid-friendly it is, 只是我不确定这是否适合孩子居住
and we have two small children. 我们有两个小孩
I mean, these stairs alone. 光是这些楼梯
Dad, this place is awesome. 老爸 这地方酷毙了
-Not now, Luke. -Did you see the backyard? -现在不行 卢克 -你看后院了吗
It's got room for 10 tree houses. 足以放下十间树屋呢
And the bedroom's got a window on the ceiling. 卧室的天花板上有窗户
I wish we could live here. 我希望我们也能住在这儿
-I wish you'd go back out to the patio where--Do you really? -我希望你回露台去 -真的吗
Oh, yeah. Our house sucks compared to this one. 是的 我家房子比这差多了
It really does. 确实差太多
There you are. 你们回来啦
I'm gonna get changed and 我去换衣服
then we'll go back to Manny's match, okay? 然后一起去看曼尼的比赛
-Dad doesn't want me to go. -What? Why? -爸爸不希望我去 -什么 为什么
Remember when you were all worried that our son's a dud? 还记得你曾担心咱儿子很没用吗
Okay. That's not exactly the way I remember it. 我印象中可没说"没用"什么的
Turns out he's a natural. 实验证明 他很有天分
-At what? -At selling. -哪方面 -推销
Hey, Titans of residential real estate. 住宅房地产的泰坦巨神们
That's right, I'm talking to you, 对 哥就说你们呢
Sandy Brewster, Skip Woosnum, J.J. McCubbin. 桑迪·布鲁斯特 斯奇普·沃思南 麦卡宾
Hear those footsteps? That's Luke Dunphy, 听到后浪的脚步了吗 那是卢克·邓菲
and he's gonna drink your milk shake. 他要把你们拍死在沙滩上了
That's amazing. 不可思议
-Right? -Incredible. -对吧 -难以置信
So, the buyer's coming back 然后买家将在一个小时内
in an hour with her husband, and I need him. 和她丈夫一起过来 我需要卢克
I am telling you, that kid is a genius. 告诉你 这孩子是个天才
There's the rainmaker. 我们的招财小神童驾到
-Why is your iPod in your mouth? -I'm charging it. -你的iPod怎么在嘴里 -给它充电呢
Alex. Alex! 艾丽克斯 艾丽克斯。
Scene 7 Mitchell & Cameron and Claire
- clear the air with sb. 消除误会.
-So, there's no part of you that wants to clear the air with your sister? 难道你一点也不想和你姐姐消除误会吗? - We feel the tension. 我们很有压力.
- I can't bear this. 我受不了了. 忍不住了.
- A resent(s) B for doing sth. A因B做某事而愤恨.
-Mitchell still resents you for quitting the figure skating team when you were kids. 米奇尔仍然对你小时候退出花样滑冰队的事耿耿于怀. - Work it out. 解决掉.
- petty 小气. Don't be so petty.
-This must seem so petty, huh? 我是不是很小气. - I'm just glad you're getting it out of you. 很高兴你能释怀了.
- Is that what your little jab was about this morning? 所以你今早才用话攻击我吗?
-jab [dʒæb] n. 猛击, 刺, 戳.
So, there's no part of you 难道你一点也不想
that wants to clear the air with your sister? 和你姐姐消除误会吗
Nope. 不想
Okay, fine. That's your family's way. I'll respect that. 好吧 我尊重你家的处事方式
But you should know, it's hard on the people who love you. 但你该知道 这对爱你的人来说很难受
-Cam -We feel the tension. -小卡 -你让我们压力山大
We hear the words that cut like knives. 你说的话句句伤人
Hey, guys! I brought orange slices. 各位 我带了切好的橙子
Okay, you know what? I can't bear this. 好吧 我受不了了
Claire, Mitchell still resents you 克莱尔 米奇尔仍然对你小时候
for quitting the figure skating team when you were kids. 退出花样滑冰队的事耿耿于怀
Ladies, come inside with me, please. 小姐们 请跟我进去
Work it out. Come on. 你俩把问题解决了 我们走
-Thanks, Cam. -Is he serious? -谢谢 小卡 -他说的是真的吗
Is that what your little jab was about this morning? 所以你今早才用话攻击我吗
Okay. No. Yes. Okay, yes. Yes. 不是 是 好吧 是这么回事
I guess I'm still a little angry. 我想我仍然有点小生气
But, you know, you stole my moment, Claire. 但你夺走了我的辉煌时刻 克莱尔
-Yeah, 21 years ago. -Okay, but it doesn't matter to you... -是 21年前 -对你来说无所谓
because you had your own moments. 因为你有你自己的光辉时刻
You had cheerleading and high school plays 你是啦啦队队长 参演校园剧
and making out with the quarterback. 还与球队四分卫搞亲热
Oh come on, You made out with him too. 拜托 你也和他搞过
Yeah, but we had to keep it a secret. 是 但我们是偷偷摸摸的
You shouldn't have quit. 你不该退出
-It was selfish. -You wanna know why I quit? -太自私了 -想知道我退出的原因吗
-I quit to protect you. -From what? -为了保护你 -保护什么
Glory? Fame? Press conferences? 得到荣誉 名声还是记者招待会
What? Come on. I was bigger than you. 别这样 我那时比你重
I was bigger than you, 我比你重
and I was afraid you wouldn't be able to lift me. 我害怕你举不动我
You were dropping me in practice, 练习的时候你摔了我
-And I didn't want you to -I dropped you twice. -我不想让你 -就摔过两次
-Three times. -humiliate yourself in front of all those people. -三次 -在那么多人面前丢脸
You dropped me all the time. 我一直被你摔
Come on. Could you just forgive me and move on? 行啦 你就原谅我 忘掉过去吧
Of course. Yes, yes. Yes, of-I'm sorry. I'm sorry. 当然可以 没错 对不起
Oh. This must seem so petty, huh? 我是不是很小气
Well, it's a little silly, but we all have our thing, don't we? 只是有点傻 但我们都有些小心结 不是吗
I'm just glad you're getting it out of you. 很高兴你能释怀了
Are you trying to lift me? You are. You're trying to lift me. Oh! 你是在举我吗 你真的是想把我举起来.
网友评论