bundle 既可以作名词,也可以作动词。作动词时,它只有一个对应的短语动词 bundle up,是一个可分短语动词,它的意思如下:
一、bundle up 意为”捆扎,把…打包“,相当于 bundle together,例如:
He bundled up the dirty clothes and stuffed them into the bag.
他把脏衣服捆起来,然后塞进袋子。
I will bundle up all of my clothes and place it in the hamper to get washed.
我要把我所有的衣服捆起来,然后放在大篮子里洗。
I bundled up all of his belongings before packing it. I hope that nothing breaks on the way to the new house.
在打包之前我把他的所有的东西都捆好了。我希望去新家的路上没有东西损坏。
I ask my mummy to help me bundle up the books.
我请妈妈帮我把书捆起来。
The lawsuit bundles together the claims of many individuals into one big case.
这场诉讼把许多个人的要求合并成一个大案件。
二、bundle up 还可以意为”穿暖和,使…穿暖和“,表示给自己或是别人穿上保暖的衣服,例如:
It is important to bundle up before you go out to keep from getting cold.
为了防止着凉,出门前穿暖和点是很重要的。
You need to bundle up the children before they go and play in the snow.
在孩子们去雪地里玩之前,你得使他们穿暖和点。
Even though I am in college, my mother still tells me to bundle up when I am going out. She still sees me as a child.
即使我上了大学,我妈妈还是叫我外出时要穿得暖和点。她还是把我当孩子看待。
In this cold wind you'd be wise to bundle up well.
这么冷的风,你最好还是穿暖和点。
有的时候后面接介词 in,表示用什么裹或穿什么,例如:
The weather is so cold; you'd better bundle up in sweaters to keep warm.
天气这么冷,你最好穿上毛衣保暖。
I bundled her up in a blanket and gave her a hot drink.
我给她裹了条毯子,又给了她一杯热饮。
网友评论