英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
Gina! Gina! Ella! | 吉娜吉娜艾拉 |
- Gina! Carina! Ella! - Gina! Carina! Ella! | -吉娜卡瑞娜艾拉-吉娜卡瑞娜艾拉 |
Gina! Carina! | 吉娜卡瑞娜 |
Gina! Carina! | 吉娜卡瑞娜 |
Ella! Ella! | 艾拉艾拉 |
Hello, Winston, this is Operations. | 温斯顿这里是转接部 |
- Are you hearing me? - Hear you clearly. | -听得到吗-很清晰 |
Stand by for testing. | 准备测试 |
Testing now. | 正在测试 |
Testing five, four, three, two, one. | 测试五四三二一 |
Mummy. | 妈妈 |
I've come to make a final representation. | 我是来最后一次向你表态 |
And to beseech you not to do this. | 劝你打消这个想法 |
I wish to address my people. It's my right. | 我想跟我的子民说话这是我的权利 |
You have forfeited that right. | 你已经放弃了这项权利 |
There are things I wish to say. | 我有话要说 |
In which capacity? You're no longer their king. | 凭什么你已经不再是国王了 |
As a private individual. | 我以个人名义 |
Oh, no one wants to hear from a private individual. | 谁想听个人名义的讲话 |
Well, I beg to differ. The newspapers are for me. | 恕难苟同媒体很支持我 |
The best thing for everyone would be if you said your goodbyes | 最好的结果就是你安静地告别 |
quietly, privately, and disappeared into the night. | 静静地消失在夜里 |
Preferably never to return. | 最好再也不要回来 |
- I didn't say that. - But you thought it. | -我没这么说-但你是这么想的 |
Admit it. | 承认吧 |
Elizabeth! | 伊丽莎白 |
Margaret! Come inside! | 玛格丽特快进来 |
This is Windsor Castle. | 这里是温莎城堡 |
There follows an important announcement from his Royal Highness, | 一位王室成员有事要宣布 |
the Duke of Windsor. | 温莎公爵 |
A few hours ago, | 几小时前 |
I discharged my last duty | 我辞去了国王的职位 |
完整版请点击 | |
as King and Emperor. | 不再进行统治 |
And, now that I have been succeeded by my brother, | 如今我已传位给我的弟弟 |
the Duke of York, | 约克公爵 |
my first words must be to declare my allegiance to him. | 首先我必须宣誓效忠于他 |
This I do with all my heart. | 全心全意 |
- Come along, girls. - You all know the reasons | -来吧孩子们-你们都知道 |
which have impelled me to renounce the throne. | 是什么让我放弃了王位 |
- I have found it impossible to carry... - Girls. Girls! | -我无法承担-孩子们 |
...the heavy burden of responsibility, | 这份重担 |
and to discharge my duties as King, | 如今我辞去国王一职 |
as I would wish to do, | 虽是我心所愿 |
without the help and support of the woman I love. | 但却并未得到我挚爱之人的支持 |
This decision has been made less difficult to me | 这项决定虽然十分艰难 |
by the sure knowledge | 但是我知道 |
that my brother has one matchless blessing... | 我的弟弟有着无与伦比的幸福... |
- Come in. Both of you. -...enjoyed by so many of you, | -快进来-你们许多人也有 |
and not bestowed on me. | 我却无此殊荣 |
A happy home, with his wife and children. | 那就是家庭美满妻儿承欢膝下 |
And now we all have a new king. | 如今我们有了新国王 |
I wish him, and you, | 我全心全意地愿他愿你们 |
his people, happiness and prosperity... | 祝愿他和他的子民 |
with all my heart. | 一生幸福美满 |
God bless you all. | 上帝保佑你们 |
God save the King. | 国王万岁 |
All right, Charles, all right. Stop it. | 查尔斯好了够了 |
Well... good luck, darling. | 祝你好运亲爱的 |
Thank you. | 谢谢 |
And thank you for all this. It looks splendid. | 谢谢你帮忙收拾非常漂亮 |
This is the first proper home I've ever had. | 这是我第一个像模像样的家 |
- Tommy. - Good morning, Your Majesty. | -汤米-早上好陛下 |
- You tracked me down. - Slightly, ma'am. | -你找我-算是吧 |
If Your Majesty has no objection, | 陛下同意的话 |
I thought we might attend to the Cabinet papers | 在与其他王室见面后 |
after your meeting with Their Majesties. | 我们应该看看内阁文件 |
Your schedule allows for 20 minutes. | 陛下有二十分钟 |
For the papers? | 来看文件吗 |
No, ma'am, 20 minutes with Their Majesties, | 不是与王室成员们见面的时间 |
then directly on to the paperwork. | 结束后直接去看文件 |
And then? | 然后呢 |
Things will become more manageable once everything settles down. | 等一切走上正轨后就会更加好办 |
Will it? | 是吗 |
And once the Palace is your main residence. | 等王宫成为您的主要居所之后 |
Our understanding is that | 我们听说 |
he is arriving at Southampton as we speak. | 他去了南安普顿大学 |
- Alone? - We believe so, ma'am. | -一个人去的-似乎是这样夫人 |
That's something. | 真了不起 |
Some last minute adjustments to the funeral arrangements. | 还有一点葬礼临时更改需要确认 |
If you are in agreement, ma'am, | 如果您同意的话夫人 |
we thought that the Duke of Windsor | 我们认为温莎公爵 |
should join the Dukes of Gloucester, Kent and Edinburgh. | 应该与格罗斯特肯特和爱丁堡公爵一起 |
But that'd be the row behind me. Breathing down my neck. | 那就在我后面后脑勺都能感觉到他的呼吸 |
We could, if Her Majesty likes, increase the distance, | 如果您需要的话我们可以拉开距离 |
put him back a few rows. | 把他排得靠后一点 |
Any chance that could stretch | 距离能不能拉远点 |
to being on the steps outside the chapel? | 让他直接坐到教堂外的台阶上 |
I'm sorry, I know he's your son. | 很抱歉我知道他是您的儿子 |
A son who gave up the throne | 他放弃了王位 |
and, effectively, killed my other son. | 因此还害死了我另一个儿子 |
Why not put him there? Close to the Prime Minister? | 不如放在那里跟首相坐一起 |
- Thank you, ma'am. - Cry Baby. | -谢谢您夫人-爱哭鬼 |
- What? - It's what he calls Winston. | -什么-他就这么叫温斯顿 |
He and his wife have nasty little nicknames for all of us. | 他跟他老婆给我们都起了难听的绰号 |
I'll tell you yours, if you ask me nicely. | 你的绰号求我我就告诉你 |
No, thank you. | 不用了谢谢 |
Shirley Temple. | 秀兰·邓波尔[美国影星] |
Ready, sir. | 准备好了 |
This is indeed a sad arrival in my country. | 举国同悲 |
I have crossed the Atlantic for the funeral of a dear brother, | 我穿越大西洋来参加兄弟的葬礼 |
and to comfort Her Majesty, Queen Mary. | 也是来安慰玛丽王后陛下 |
My heart goes out to the widowed Queen Mother | 我与刚刚失去丈夫的王后 |
and her two daughters in their grief. | 还有她的两个女儿一样心怀悲切 |
Thank you. | 谢谢 |
完整版请点击 | |
- Down there, look! - Right, that's enough. Look sharp! | -在下面看-行了小心点 |
His Royal Highness, the Duke of Windsor, Your Majesty. | 温莎公爵殿下到了陛下 |
Dear Mama. | 亲爱的母亲 |
Poor Bertie. | 可怜的伯蒂 |
So young. | 这么年轻 |
One can only be thankful for all the years one had him. | 这些年里有他陪伴我们心存感激 |
So wonderfully thoughtful and caring. | 他如此体贴 |
An angel to his mother, wife and children. | 是他的母亲妻子和孩子们的守护天使 |
I honestly believe he never thought of himself at all. | 我真的觉得他从没为自己考虑过 |
He really was the perfect son. | 他的确是个完美的儿子 |
I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. | 我无法想象这对你来说有多艰难 |
You've been very much in our thoughts and prayers. | 我们在祈祷时常常想起你们 |
Ours? | 我们 |
You'd be wise not to mention | 你最好不要在接下来的几天 |
that woman's name for the next few days. | 提起那个女人的名字 |
- I mentioned no name. - The implication was enough. | -我没有提-暗示已经够明显了 |
If you say so. | 好吧 |
I offer that in the spirit of maternal advice | 作为一位母亲 |
that you may emerge from this trip | 我希望你这次 |
with any remaining respect or affection at all. | 能表现出一点点尊敬和关心 |
I had hoped all this might wait. | 真希望这能再等等 |
I'm afraid not, ma'am. | 恐怕不行夫人 |
I understand. | 我明白 |
Shall we? | 可以开始了吗 |
Now, the top sheet is simply a summary | 最上面的这份 |
of all the contents of the box. | 是关于盒子里所有内容的摘要 |
And we have in this case, a five power conference first. See... | 我们现在先看一份五国会议的文件 |
- That's this one? - Yes. | -这一份吗-是的 |
- So this... - More detail. | -所以这是...-更多细节 |
- So, we start with this. - Yes, Your Majesty. | -那我们从这份开始-好的陛下 |
- He's here. - He's here! | -他来了-他来了 |
Don't rush, darling. | 别着急亲爱的 |
It'll take him an hour to get to the front door. | 他得花一个小时走到前门 |
And then an hour to get through the bloody thing! | 再花一个小时走进来 |
Now, don't forget the two things we discussed. | 别忘了我们商量过的两件事 |
- I won't. - The children keeping my surname. | -不会忘的-让孩子们跟我姓 |
- Yes. - And us staying here in Clarence House, | -好的-而且我们要住在克拉伦斯宫 |
not moving to Buckingham Palace. Both very important. | 不搬到白金汉宫去两件事都很重要 |
I know. I won't forget. | 我知道我不会忘的 |
- And don't be nervous. - I'm not nervous. | -别紧张-我没有紧张 |
You look nervous. | 你看上去很紧张 |
Be firm. Just lay down the law. | 坚定一点下命令就好了 |
I know he's Winston Churchill and all that, | 我知道他是温斯顿·丘吉尔 |
- but remember who you are. You're... - Nobody. | -但记住你是谁你-谁也不是 |
The Queen of England. | 是英国女王 |
Don't let me overrun. | 别催我走太快 |
The Prime Minister, Your Majesty. | 首相到了陛下 |
Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
I so looked forward every Tuesday to my audiences with your... | 我总是很期待每周四的时候 |
dear papa. | 被你父亲接见 |
His late Majesty was a hero | 对我和他的所有子民来说 |
to me and to all his people. | 他是个英雄 |
Thank you. | 谢谢 |
Do sit down, Prime Minister. | 请坐吧首相先生 |
I've ordered tea. Or something stronger, perhaps. | 我叫了茶或者更浓烈的也行 |
Oh, dear. Did no one explain? | 亲爱的没有人跟你说过吗 |
The Sovereign never offers | 君主从来不会 |
a Prime Minister refreshment. | 给首相提供茶点 |
Nor a chair. | 或是椅子 |
The precedent set by your great-great-grandmother | 你曾曾祖母定下的规矩是 |
was to keep us standing like Privy Councillors. | 让我们像枢密院成员一样站着 |
To waste time is a grievous sin. | 浪费时间可是大罪过 |
And, if there is one thing | 在我这52年从政的过程中 |
I have learned in 52 years of public service, | 学到的唯一一件事 |
it is that there is no problem so complex, | 就是没有什么复杂的问题 |
nor crisis so grave, that it cannot be | 或是重大的危机 |
satisfactorily resolved within 20 minutes. So... | 不能在20分钟内圆满解决所以 |
shall we make a start? | 我们可以开始了吗 |
She's in with the PM now. | 她正在里面和首相会面 |
And I made it abundantly clear how important it was that | 我已经说得非常清楚了 |
she and the children take your name. | 让她和孩子们姓你的姓非常重要 |
It's your name too. It's the name I gave you. | 那也是你的姓是我传给你的 |
Having Mountbatten as the name of the Royal house, | 把蒙巴顿变成皇室姓氏 |
having your first-born son, | 让你的长子 |
Charles, as the first Mountbatten king... | 查尔斯成为第一任蒙巴顿国王 |
Well, that would be some achievement, wouldn't it? | 那可真是创举呢不是吗 |
Now, I would like to discuss your coronation. | 现在我们来谈谈你的加冕仪式吧 |
Yes. | 好的 |
I have a proposed date | 我提议了一个日期 |
which has been run past Cabinet and approved. | 内阁已经通过了 |
- Summer, I hope. - Indeed. Next year. | -我希望在夏天-没错明年 |
Next year? Why the delay? | 明年为什么这么迟 |
For your benefit entirely. | 这完全是为你着想 |
A long period between accession and coronation | 即位和加冕之间的间隔期 |
was of great value to your father. | 当时对你的父亲来说很重要 |
He had five months. | 他有五个月的时间 |
You're proposing I have 16 before I am crowned. | 你的建议是我过16个月再加冕 |
Yes. | 是的 |
That would take anyone weeks to read... | 那得花几周时间读... |
- Anyway, thanks for the drink. - Thank you, Jock. | -谢谢你准备的饮品-谢谢乔克 |
- Sir. - Sir. | -先生-先生 |
Foreign office first, let's surprise Anthony. | 先去外交部吓吓安东尼 |
- And? - Nothing. | -怎么样-没什么 |
We discussed the end of rationing of sugar, butter and meat, | 我们商议结束糖黄油和肉的定量供应 |
the situation in Korea, and the date of my coronation. | 韩国的形势还有我的加冕日期 |
I barely got a word in. | 我没能插上话 |
Of course not, the man barely draws breath. | 他讲话基本不停顿 |
- You have to butt in. - You can't! | -你应该直接打断-当然不行 |
Not in the private audience. | 不能在私下会面的时候 |
So, what about the issues I asked you to address? | 那我跟你说的事怎么办 |
- I will find the right time. - When? | -我会找个合适的时间的-什么时候 |
- Why would he do that? - What? | -他为什么要这样做-做什么 |
Why would he want to delay my coronation? | 他为何要推迟我的加冕礼 |
What are you talking about? What-- Elizabeth! | 什么你在说什么伊丽莎白 |
I realize we've had our differences in the past. | 我知道我们曾经有过分歧 |
If you'll allow me. | 恕我冒昧 |
But, for now, let us think only of what we have in common. | 但是现在我们应该关注我们共同点 |
You've lost a husband and father, | 你们失去了丈夫和父亲 |
I a brother. | 我失去了兄弟 |
Let us be united in grief, on equal terms, | 让我们共同缅怀逝者 |
for someone we all loved. | 悼念所爱之人 |
I'll be here for a few days after the funeral | 葬礼过后我会多待几天 |
before I return to New York. | 然后再回纽约 |
Perhaps we might find time to see one another. | 也许有空可以聚一聚 |
For lunch, or a walk. | 吃顿午餐或者散散步 |
Yes. I'd like that very much. | 好我很愿意 |
Your Majesties. | 各位殿下 |
- We must go, girls. - So soon? | -得走了孩子们-这么快 |
Yes, to Westminster Hall. | 对去西敏厅 |
To see Papa. | 去见父亲 |
With this family, when you're in, | 在这个家族里得势的时候 |
you're never quite sure that you're in. | 经常心里拿不准 |
But when you're out, there's no doubt at all. | 但是失势的时候却是清楚得很 |
You're out. | 你失势了 |
Why can't you just be civil to him, Mummy? | 你为何不能对他好点妈妈 |
Let bygones be bygones. | 过去的就过去吧 |
Sixteen years since the abdication, and he was close to Papa. | 他退位已经十六年他以前和爸爸关系很好 |
Because the man is a monster! | 因为他是个禽兽 |
The responsibility of becoming king killed your father | 你父亲死于当国王的重任 |
and I will never forgive | 我永远不会原谅他 |
his selfishness and weakness in passing on the burden. | 竟如此自私软弱地将这重担推给别人 |
He has done nothing for this family. | 他没有为家族做任何贡献 |
And don't be fooled by his obsequiousness. | 别被他的谄媚嘴脸欺骗 |
The only reason he's even civil to us | 他之所以在我们面前装模作样 |
is because he wants to leech off us | 是因为想压榨我们 |
with a rich allowance to keep that | 骗取我们的钱财 |
Jezebel divorcee of his in the manner | 让他那个淫荡的弃妇 |
to which she's become accustomed. | 维持一直以来的奢华生活 |
Well, I've spoken to the lawyers | 我已经跟律师谈过 |
and we have a little surprise in store for them. | 给他们准备了惊喜 |
My dear darling Peaches... | 亲爱的宝贝 |
They say hell is an inferno. | 他们说地狱是炼狱 |
What a sunless, frozen hell we both escaped in England. | 我们逃离的英国就像毫无温度的冰冷地狱 |
And what a bunch of ice-veined monsters my family are. | 而我的家人都是如此冷血的动物 |
How cold and thin-lipped, | 薄情冷酷 |
how dumpy and plain. | 平庸肤浅 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“王冠”
网友评论