英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
Your Majesty. | 殿下 |
So, it is always the Sovereign who begins the meal. | 宴会要由君王主持开始 |
It is absolutely forbidden to begin | 在他或她品尝第一口菜肴之前 |
before he, or she, takes their first bite. | 绝对不允许下箸 |
Yes, miss. | 是小姐 |
During the meal, when it is the first course, | 宴会期间上第一道菜后 |
you must only speak to the person | 你只能和坐在你右侧的人说话 |
seated on your right until the end. | 一直到宴会结束 |
Time for the Vice-Provost, Lilibet. | 你该去见副教务长了莉莉白 |
Your Royal Highness. Come on. | 殿下过来 |
"There are two elements of the Constitution:" | "宪法有两个要素" |
wrote Walter Bagehot in 1867. | 沃尔特·白芝浩在1867年写道 |
"The efficient and the dignified." | "效率与庄严" |
Which is the monarch? | 君主是哪一种 |
Your Royal Highness? | 殿下 |
- The dignified? - Very good. | -庄严-很好 |
The efficient has the power to make and execute policy | 效率部门有权订立和执行政策 |
and is answerable to the electorate. | 并要对选民负责 |
What touches all should be approved by all. | 用于万民的政策需万民通过 |
The dignified gives significance and legitimacy | 庄严部门则赋予效率部门 |
to the efficient and is answerable only...? | 应有的意义和合法性并只对... |
- To God. - Precisely. | -上帝负责-没错 |
Two institutions, Crown and government, | 两个机构王权和政府 |
dignified and the efficient, | 效率和庄严 |
only work when they support each other. | 只有在互相支撑 |
When they trust one another. | 相互信任时才能发挥作用 |
You can underline that. | 你可以划一下重点 |
- Do you teach this to your other pupils? - No, just you. | -你也教别人这个吗-不只教你 |
This is what I teach them. | 我教他们这个 |
These are exam papers. | 这些是考试卷 |
- Shouldn't I know all of this, too? - No, Ma'am. | -我不用学这些吗-不殿下 |
All very undignified. | 太没有威严了 |
完整版请点击 | |
I see Mr. Einstein has changed his mind again? | 爱因斯坦先生好像又改主意了 |
- Oh? - The scientist. | -什么-那个科学家 |
No, I know who he is. What exactly has he changed his mind about? | 我知道他是谁他改什么主意了 |
That's rather less clear to me, | 我也不是很清楚 |
but everyone's making a tremendous fuss about it. | 但所有人好像对此都特别紧张 |
At the time of my education, | 我上学的时候 |
I asked the Vice-Provost if we shouldn't spend a bit of time on | 我问副教务长能不能花点时间在 |
Literature, Philosophy, Science. | 文学哲学和科学上 |
He felt I had enough on my plate as it was. | 他觉得我要学的够多了 |
But don't you think I should have learned about it? | 但你不觉得我应该学一点这些东西吗 |
Why? | 为什么 |
Well, doesn't one have a duty to know certain things? | 难道不应该对这些东西有所了解吗 |
You have a great many other virtues. | 你有很多其他优秀的品质 |
You can't be expected to know everything. | 你不能奢望无所不知 |
Well, no, that's the point, Mummy. I know almost nothing. | 不这才是重点妈妈我什么都不知道 |
You know when to keep your mouth shut. | 你知道什么时候该闭嘴 |
That's more important than anything. | 这比任何品质都重要 |
And that would've been fine if I'd gone on to live a normal life. | 如果我过的是平凡人的生活那也无所谓 |
But now I spend so much time | 但现在我花了太多时间 |
with politicians and statesmen. | 跟政客和政治家一起 |
You know, I live in dread of being left alone with them. | 我时刻担心着会被他们所孤立 |
Your dear papa was just the same. | 你亲爱的爸爸和你一样 |
Be nice to think that one could, if not hold one's own, | 我觉得就算谈话进行不下去 |
then at least not have to steer the conversation away | 至少不用每次都把话题转移到狗和马身上 |
to dogs and horses every time. | 那该多好啊 |
The Prime Minister's on his way, Ma'am. | 首相马上来了夫人 |
Well, one good thing about this one | 不过有一个好处就是 |
is you never have to open your mouth at all. | 你自己永远不用张嘴了 |
That's true. | 那倒是 |
Just smile politely while he drones on and on. | 他念念叨叨的时候礼貌地微笑就行了 |
Your Majesty may or may not be aware, | 不知道陛下有没有意识到 |
but this is my retirement year. | 但今年我要退休了 |
Is it really? How long has it been? | 真的吗你都在任多久了 |
33 years, Ma'am, serving four sovereigns. | 33年陛下服侍过四代君王 |
One can hardly imagine the place without you. | 简直难以想象没有你会怎么样 |
It's kind of you to say so, Ma'am, | 您这么说真好陛下 |
but we're well prepared for the transition. | 但我们会准备好调职手续 |
A deputy's long been groomed and made ready. | 副手早就已经在培养并准备上任 |
- Two deputies, right? - Yes, Ma'am. | -应该有两名副手吧-是的夫人 |
A senior and a junior. | 一名高级一名初级 |
An heir and a spare. | 一名接班人一名后补 |
Quite. | 差不多 |
Well, before we discuss any of that, | 在我们讨论这些事之前 |
I'd like you to know how grateful we all are to you. | 我想告诉你我们很感激你 |
- For your years of service. - Thank you, Ma'am. | -这四年来的付出-谢谢你夫人 |
My father was quite dependent on you. You know that. | 我父亲很信赖你你也知道 |
And in our short time together, | 虽然我们相处的时间不久 |
I could see how I could be, too. | 我明白了我也会这么信赖你 |
But you deserve to put your feet up. | 但你的确该好好休息 |
And I think I could work quite well with Martin Charteris. | 我觉得我和马丁·查特里斯也能合作得很好 |
- Martin Charteris? - Yes. | -马丁·查特里斯-没错 |
I assume you'll give that your blessing. | 我相信你会祝福他的 |
Martin is the junior deputy private secretary, Ma'am, the spare. | 马丁是初级私人副秘书夫人他是备用人选 |
Michael Adeane is the senior. The rightful heir. | 迈克尔·阿迪恩才是高级秘书正统的接班人 |
Yes, but Martin and I have worked together before. | 是啊但是马丁之前就曾为我工作 |
- I'm aware of that. - I'm sure Michael would understand | -我知道-迈克尔肯定会理解 |
that I had a pre-existing relationship | 是因为我和马丁有旧交 |
with Martin and not take it personally. | 不会往心里去的 |
Martin is a younger man. It's the more natural fit. | 马丁更年轻更适合这个位置 |
If that is Your Majesty's wish. | 如果陛下您意下如此 |
Prime Minister, I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting. | 首相抱歉让你等这么久 |
Not at all. | 没关系 |
- Oh, but I see you've found company. - Yes. | -但你好像并不孤单-没错 |
Honey, Sugar, Pippin, say goodbye. | 亲亲糖糖皮皮说再见吧 |
Thank you, Tommy. | 谢谢你汤米 |
Shall we make a start? | 开始吧 |
One item overshadows every other on the agenda this week, Ma'am. | 这周的议程中有一件事尤为重要陛下 |
The Soviets and their H-bomb. | 苏联和他们的氢弹 |
We now have confirmation that they have been testing | 我们现在已经确认他们一直 |
in the Kazakh Desert. | 在哈萨克沙漠进行试验 |
It is vital that we act swiftly to secure peace | 我们必须马上采取行动维护和平 |
and vital that we British spearhead the effort. | 我们英国必须率先出手 |
完整版请点击 | |
I have always been the person | 所有人都希望由我 |
everyone wants in a room with the Russians | 去和俄国人打交道 |
because Stalin would only talk to me. | 因为斯大林只愿意和我说话 |
With him gone, there is a great danger | 他死了以后艾森豪威尔 |
that Eisenhower will take it upon himself to run the show. | 很有可能会擅自做主采取行动 |
And that would be bad? | 那样不好吗 |
A disaster, Ma'am. For all the obvious reasons. | 那将是一场灾难陛下太显而易见了 |
Of course. | 是啊 |
Remind me. Of the obvious reasons. | 给我说说有什么显而易见的 |
Russia... | 俄国 |
is a great old empire | 是一个伟大而古老的帝国 |
which demands and deserves respect. | 要求且理应得到尊重 |
Americans like to wave the big stick | 美国人喜欢挥动着大棒 |
and speak with a loud voice. | 大声嚷嚷 |
In the matter of world governance, they are not yet ready. | 在统治世界的问题上他们还没有准备好 |
They need an experienced | 他们需要经验丰富 |
and elder power | 更有资历的力量 |
to guide them, school them. | 来指引他们教育他们 |
Yes, we could all do with some school. | 是的教育总不是坏事 |
To that end, I've asked the Foreign Secretary to go to Washington | 因此我已经让外交大臣前往华盛顿 |
to lay plans for a summit meeting between myself and Eisenhower, | 准备我和艾森豪威尔之间的首脑会议 |
to start discussing a unified approach | 来商讨出一个统一的办法 |
for how to bring the Russians back into the family. | 让俄国人重回到这个家庭中来 |
- Do you think he's up to it? - Eisenhower? | -你觉得他能胜任吗-艾森豪威尔吗 |
No, the Foreign Secretary. | 不外交大臣 |
Anthony is the finest Foreign Secretary | 安东尼是这个国家历史上 |
this country has had for generations. | 最好的外交大臣 |
Yes, but I've heard he's also a very sick man. | 是的但我听说他也是一个体弱多病的人 |
I would hate to think that the country wasn't in safe hands, | 我不希望让人认为这个国家的领导层体弱多病 |
being led by healthy men. | 应该由健康的人执政 |
We are both fine, Ma'am. I assure you. | 我们都很好夫人我向你保证 |
Early indications are that the bomb they tested | 早期证据显示他们试验的炸弹 |
was a fission and fusion-fueled Sloika design, | 是一种核裂变和聚变的设计 |
based on lithium-six deuteride and uranium-two-three-five | 基于锂6氘化物和铀235 |
with a yield of 400 kilotons. | 相当于400千吨的炸药 |
Khrushchev claims the weapon is ready for immediate use, | 赫鲁晓夫声称这个武器可以立刻使用 |
capable of deployment from a bomber aircraft. | 能够放置在轰炸机上 |
He was bragging about it to the Presidium last week. | 他上周在跟主席团吹嘘这事 |
Do we believe that? | 我们认为这是真的吗 |
Latest CIA intelligence seems to support it, | 中情局最新的情报似乎是认同这一说法的 |
with the Soviets known to be ramping up | 已知苏联正在提升 |
their production of long-range bomber aircraft... | 他们远程轰炸机的产量 |
Are you all right, sir? | 你还好吧先生 |
My bag, please. Give me my bag. | 我的包给我包 |
You can do this. | 你来吧 |
Sir, this really should be done by a doctor. | 先生这真的应该请医生来 |
Just find a vein. Come on! | 找个静脉快点 |
Now, we can say with confidence that Joe Four's total yield, | 我们能肯定的说乔四[炸弹昵称]总当量 |
why, was in the range of four to 500 kilotons. | 在400到500千吨范围内 |
Now, intelligence sources | 情报来源显示 |
indicate the Soviets used the layered design... | 苏联使用了分层设计 |
similar to our own "Ivy Mike" Detonation in '52, | 跟我们自己在52年引爆的"艾维·麦克"相似 |
which is consistent with the blast radius. | 爆炸半径是一致的 |
The British Foreign Secretary. | 英国外交大臣到了 |
That gentleman is not just a sleeping man, | 那个绅士不仅仅是个沉睡的人 |
it's a sad metaphor. | 这个比喻很可悲 |
The second most powerful man | 是曾经世界第一大国中 |
in what was once the most powerful country on Earth. | 一人之下万人之上的人 |
What's that on his arm? | 他胳膊上是什么 |
Looks like blood, sir. | 看起来像是血先生 |
Good God. | 老天 |
Colonel Charteris, Your Majesty. | 查特里斯上校来了陛下 |
- You asked to see me? - I did. Do sit down. | -您要见我-是的请坐 |
Now, as I'm sure you're aware, | 现在我相信你已经知道 |
Tommy Lascelles will be leaving us shortly | 汤米·拉塞尔斯很快将会离开我们 |
to begin his well-deserved retirement. | 开始他应得的退休生活 |
And his departure will leave something of a gap. | 他的离职造成人手的空缺 |
Yes. | 是的 |
And I was wondering | 我想知道 |
whether you might be interested in filling that gap? | 你是否有兴趣填补那个空缺 |
- As what, Ma'am? - My Private Secretary. | -要我做什么呢夫人-我的私人秘书 |
- I'd be delighted, but... - But what? | -我非常乐意但是-但是什么 |
What about Michael Adeane? | 迈克尔·阿迪恩怎么办 |
- What about him? - He is the natural successor. | -他怎么了-按理说他该继任 |
I was hoping it might be possible | 我想着能不能 |
for me to make my own decision just once. | 让我自己做一次决定 |
There are two Private Secretaries to choose from. | 有两个私人秘书可供选择 |
And I happen to prefer the Junior. | 而我刚好倾向于年轻的那个 |
So, shall we say that's that? | 那么我们就这么说定了 |
Yes. I suppose we shall. | 是我想是的 |
- Good. - Thank you. | -好的-谢谢 |
Is there anything I can do? In the meantime. | 有什么我能做的吗在此期间 |
No, no, no. Thank you, Martin. | 不不谢谢你马丁 |
Actually, Martin... | 事实上马丁 |
A tutor. | 一个家庭教师 |
- Ma'am? - I'd like to engage one. | -夫人-我想找一个家庭教师 |
- Any particular field? - General education. | -有什么特别指定的领域吗-普通教育 |
- I'll come up with some names. - Thank you. | -我稍后会给您列个名单-谢谢 |
Oh, and, Martin, preferably one, | 还有马丁最好是 |
you know, not too stuffy. Sense of humor. | 别太古板的要有幽默感 |
Understood. | 明白 |
I'm no stranger to pain, Winston, | 疼痛对我来说毫不陌生温斯顿 |
but this has become intolerable. | 但这疼痛已经变得无法忍受了 |
I must have corrective surgery. | 我必须要进行矫正手术 |
And this "Corrective surgery," Must it really be Boston? | 而这个"矫正手术"一定要在波士顿吗 |
That's where the best man is. The only man. | 最好的医生就在那里就那一个 |
They're better equipped | 美国治疗 |
to deal with gall bladder problems in America. | 胆囊问题的设备更好 |
Due to the high fat diets they have here. | 因为他们这里是高脂饮食 |
Leaving me without you for the summit with Ike. | 你扔我一个人和艾克会面 |
- Can't you delay it? - No, I can't. | -你就不能推迟一下吗-不行 |
Besides, you have already stated your ability to run the ship | 况且你以前就已经说过没有我这艘大船 |
without me for some time. | 你也有能力驾驭 |
In jest, my dear boy, when you become mutinous and presumptuous. | 开玩笑的孩子你这就有点蛮横无理了 |
You know how much I depend on you. | 你知道我有多依赖你 |
- I do. - Well? | -我知道-所以呢 |
But I'd still like to hear you say it again. | 但我还是想再听你说一遍 |
- What? - I'd like you to say it again so that... | -什么-我想听你再说一遍 |
all the people listening in can hear. You were saying. | 这样所有听电话的人都能听清你刚才说 |
That... | 说 |
I depend on you, Anthony. | 我依赖你安东尼 |
What for? | 依赖什么 |
For your judgement. | 你的判断力 |
- What else? - Your integrity. | -还有呢-你的正直 |
And loyalty. | 和忠诚 |
Louder, please. | 请大点声 |
Yes, all right! Yes, I need you there, Anthony! | 对好吧是的我需要你安东尼 |
I think we're all agreed, I need you! | 我想我们达成一致了我需要你 |
And I need the surgery, Winston. | 而我需要手术温斯顿 |
It's my life that's at stake now. | 现在我的生命岌岌可危 |
I'm sorry. | 很抱歉 |
Prime Minister. Prime Minister? | 首相首相 |
What's that? Here, Charles. That one. | 那是什么这里查尔斯那个 |
Look. Look at this. Do you like my picture? | 看看这个你喜欢我的画吗 |
It's a rocket. One day it'll take us into space. | 这是火箭有一天它会带我们去太空 |
Let's move on. | 出发吧 |
- Professor Hogg, Your Majesty. - Who? | -霍格教授来了陛下-谁 |
Colonel Charteris said you were expecting him. | 查特里斯上校说你在等他 |
Yes. | 是的 |
Where's Mercury? | 水星在哪里 |
High up in the sky, Charles. | 在遥远的天空中查尔斯 |
It's where all the other planets are. | 所有星球都在那里 |
- Your Majesty. - Professor Hogg. | -陛下-霍格教授 |
During the course of my new daily life, | 在我新的日常生活中 |
I have to spend a great deal of time alone with statesmen. | 我必须花大量时间和政客打交道 |
Men, like yourself, of exceptional intellect, | 都是像你这样才智超群的人 |
who've risen to the very top of their profession | 他们凭借自己的才能 |
by virtue of their intelligence and their ability. | 在自己的专业领域出类拔萃 |
There are frequently times | 有很多次 |
when I am discussing agendas of the day | 当我与这些人 |
with these people that I find myself... | 讨论当日议程时我发现自己... |
on the back foot. | 非常被动 |
At something of a disadvantage. Because I... | 处于劣势因为我... |
I can't keep up. | 我的思维跟不上 |
Or I don't know what lies behind something. | 或者说我不了解事情的全貌 |
And that's no way to live. | 长此以往便无以为继 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“王冠”
网友评论