1. talk somebody into doing something
劝服某人做某事(尤指做错事或蠢事)
E.g. He talked me into having a baby.
他劝服我生了个孩子。
2. the run-up to something
(重要事件的)前夕
E.g. This book adds details about the run-up to the revolution but covers familiar ground for those already versed in Iranian history.
本书中,她又描写了伊朗革命前夕的一些细节,但其中一部分已为精通伊朗史的人们所熟知。
3. We got caught doing a bunch of stuff.
我们路上有点事耽搁了。
4. You’re solid.
你可真沉呐。
5. apropos of nothing
突然地,凭空地
E.g. Suddenly, apropos of nothing at all, he begins to talk - disconnectedly at first, and then more and more clearly, emphatically, resolutely.
突然,他没头没脑地说开了 - 起初有点杂乱无章,后来越来越清楚、雄辩、有力。
6. barge in
插一杠子
E.g. I’m sorry to barge in like this, but I have a problem I hope you can solve.
抱歉这样插进来,不过我有个问题希望你能解决。
7. blow it
搞砸
E.g. I really value our friendship and I didn’t want to blow it.
我真的珍惜我们的友谊,我不想把它搞砸了。
8. boiled egg
水煮蛋
soft-boil 半熟蛋
hard-boil 全熟蛋
9. cash in
从……中牟利
E.g. Residents said local gang leaders had cashed in on the violence to seize valuable land.
居民们说地方帮会头目曾经从暴力掠取宝贵土地中牟利。
10. do oneself justice
发挥某人的实际水平
E.g. I was so tired. I didn’t do myself justice in the exam.
我疲惫得很,在考试中没有发挥好。
网友评论