1. toss and turn
辗转反侧难以入睡
E.g. Still, you’re not doomed to toss and turn night after night.
然而,你并非注定要夜夜辗转反侧。
2. walk a tightrope
走险棋,走钢丝
E.g. Authorities have to walk a tightrope trying to stop the boom getting further out of hand while trying to keep it from collapsing.
当局都不得不走险棋,努力在防止崩溃的同时不让繁荣失去控制。
3. You get/have the legs for it.
你的美腿衬得起这衣服。
4. a morning person
爱早起的人
E.g. Actually, mine probably ticks faster than yours since I’m a morning person.
事实上,我的生物钟可能比你的快,因为我是个习惯早起的人。
5. bell bottoms
喇叭裤
6. come clean
坦白交代
E.g. You’d better come clean. Maybe he will keep you in view of your good performance.
你最好坦白交代,或许他考虑到你的表现很好而留下你。
7. coping mechanism
应对机制
E.g. They shop when they are feeling emotionally distressed, and use spending as a coping mechanism.
他们会在其心情抑郁时购物,并将花钱作为一种应对机制。
8. drive somebody up the wall
使某人发狂
E.g. All these problems will drive me up the wall someday.
所有的这些问题总有一天会让我恼火。
9. for years to come
未来好几年
E.g. Ao for years to come, many more households will be firmly focused on saving, splashing out only occasionally on a big-ticket item.
因此在接下来的许多年里,许多家庭将集中注意力在储蓄上,高消费仅会在一些大宗商品上偶尔为之。
10. get your hands dirty
亲力亲为
E.g. Jump into the middle of things, get your hands dirty, fall flat on your face, and then reach for the stars.
置身事中,亲力亲为,不怕失败,你才能摘到星星。
网友评论